Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Texas Gulf Coast Donzi Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Marvair View Post
    Looks like Sharon and I will be showing up late morning, are we dunking at the ramp on Nasa 1?

Marvin J.
    Marvin,
    What time are you showing up? Late means what time? Are you going to be at the turtle club for the kick off?
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

Some additional thoughts for the weekend:

NOAA says it's gonna be windy... 15-20 knots SSE. So be prepared with plenty of lines/fenders. The Turtle is on the north shore, so it gets a little bumpy there under a south wind.

Make sure you are COMPLETELY legal, i.e. registration, flares, life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc. The local law enforcement can get a little over-zealous this time of year...just a fact...

It's going to be a good time!!
    1970 18 2+3 Hull #18-355 H/M 351W Volvo 250
    07 Cayman IT IS BACK! - '13 Abarth Cabrio

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

Marvair called me and is a go. He has a timing issue but will be there at one point.

I still dont have a boat!

Does anyone have a boat count?
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    Some additional thoughts for the weekend:

NOAA says it's gonna be windy... 15-20 knots SSE. So be prepared with plenty of lines/fenders. The Turtle is on the north shore, so it gets a little bumpy there under a south wind.

Make sure you are COMPLETELY legal, i.e. registration, flares, life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc. The local law enforcement can get a little over-zealous this time of year...just a fact...

It's going to be a good time!!
    Is the flare kit mandatory on the inland waterway's......I'm not sure.
    MJ.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Clear Lake is considered Near Coastal. Yes mandatory...

Scott... wtf?

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    Clear Lake is considered Near Coastal. Yes mandatory...

Scott... wtf?
    Flares really? I have never had em or asked for them. Just a signaling device. Hmmmmm better get a couple.

WTF? Serious issue with the access holes or lack of them. No holes in the block where we need to mount stuff. Just left the shop, still working.
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

We are ready and in fact going out tonight on the boat. Jefe noticed you leaving today down the cove... Sorry did not notice untill you were leaving. Found the stuff on the back porch. Have Queso and dips ready also at my house and the pool area all setup and ready to go. I have 4 people with me but could squeeze a fifth if need be.

FYI Natlie had the baby Wednesday so they will see us at the house. They are both doing great.

TMANN

1997 Donzi Classic 22'
    454 Mag - Clear Lake, Texas

Never mind I will be joining you all by car. The boat no longer works... Not sure what’s going on but it starts then idles but as soon as you try to engage the throttle it dies. No matter how much gas you give it. You can give it gas by at the engine and it seems to run fine but not by the throttle. Not sure. Got stuck in the lake and had to be pulled back. Fun. Anyways might need a ride tomorrow also.

1997 Donzi Classic 22'
    454 Mag - Clear Lake, Texas

Donzi Boats -San Leon - Judge's

I guess its time to get the yellow 69 Ski Sporter from Dickinson Bay in San Leon in the water again
    I should have it running next month
    I have been going too slow for too long in the 27ft Albin Sports Cruiser
    100 hp Westerbeke - top speed 10 mph (on a good day)
    but it burns < 2 gallons per hour and I dont have to worry about sunglasses blowing off
    Lucas
    San Leon, Tx

Sunburn and TIRED

Hey everybody.... Sharon and I really enjoyed all the generous hospitality from all. Looking forward to seeing you'all on the water sooner than later.

Thanks, Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

What a great time! Janet and I had a ball! Many thanks to Scot, Scott and Jefe for putting it all together. Thanks to Phil and Nat for giving us your place for the afternoon, it was perfect. (Thanks to Oliver, too!)

We enjoyed meeting all you fine Donzi folks, and hope to see y'all again soon!

Jim and Janet

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

I too enjoyed meeting all the local guys... and Redog too!

Hope to see y'all soon.

some pics...

Woo-Hoo! Thanks for all the Texas hospitality! I hate to mention the folks, because someone always gets left off on a thank you list like this. But anyway:

A hugh thanks to Jeff (Jefe) for putting me and Wade up for the weekend and giving us great rides. Jefe knows 1 speed in Jefe's Revenge - Hammer Down Baby. "Ahhh princess, you may not want to lay up front - it's going to be a little bumpy." Princess: "Waaaaaaaaaaaa"

JimG and Janet - great to meet you. What a beautiful '70 18'

Jraysray and Jenette - Scott, sorry you never got your boat going. You should have punted on Friday and just played with everyone else. Jenette (Wonder Woman), you are 1 beautiful babe - body and mind!

Harbormaster - been to long. Don't be so scarce

Steve F - always great to see you. You are a reliable trooper. Can you say Blackhawks go vertical!

Phil (TMann) - thanks for the hospitality over at your place - really nice place. Can't believe you hosted so many people. Sorry I didn't meet your wife and your 3 DAY OLD BABY! Your're the MAN.

Lee (Flying Tomato) - love your boat and I'm sure you will have it sorted out soon. Talking about your diving work had me in amazement. Stay SAFE!

JeffH - enjoyed talking with you at lunch. That is a pretty 18. I like the platforms - need to talk to you about them.

Oh, am I a Turtle - You bet your sweet ass I am. Maybe I shouldn't have told that one Gotta love the Bushwackers
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

well I'm just now getting my head above water.

and I had a FREAKIN' BLAST.....the wind hampered our running, but the expereince was amazing. Great to meet all the new folks in the area and pull a bunch of Donzi's together.....becasue we're not too good at that.

Red Dog - you and Wadro are welcomed anytime.....as long as you bring your bride next time

Special thanks to all the Committee. I could not have done this all myself

Fun and Games...let's doing it again
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Thread Information