Thread: CUSTOM 500 hp Classic 18

CUSTOM 500 hp Classic 18

I am new to the donzi registry and still trying to navigate so please bear with me. To give a little background on this boat.
    1991 Donzi classic 18 with a small block v8 KC drive.
    it came to us in ok condition , thats to say still working. The gel was bad and stressed alot (had a good ride). we wanted to make it "one of a kind"
    It has : new gelcoat (in a better color than teal) new transom, new dash outfitted with lavorsi tattle tale GPS and lemco trim (controlled in the steering wheel) new wheel of coarse new shifting pod molded in the side with eddie marine elite shifter controls hydrolic steering , new custom seats both buckets and molded rear (cant stand a good ride with the seat comming out from underneith ) with handles at you ankles (cupholders too) custom side panels with cubbys. the engine was torn down and done with Keith black bottom end and top was outfitted with manley and porting . toped with a procharger and equipment that didnt fit in to the compartment , so we added cowl induction molded in the hood. engine well is re gel coated and splattered with the stripe color for accent .
    windsheild came off and a custom windsheild molded and made from glass( to put guages where you need them at eyeline ) for a nice wind dam
    seats were lowered for the sit in and not on thing.

As for the rear hinges they are perko or attwood then podercoated with the rest of the accents. they have a pin in them for easy lift off.

This is not the only custom donzi we have done

WORK SMART AND HARD
    HARD H2O CUSTOMS
    division of SHIPWRECK BOAT WORKS

Great Looking Work especially the interior design!

Excellent looking work you have done, and i'm sure if you don't already have you will have an excellent following! Gel-kote finish looks flawless, nice job!!!!
    Is this your own or a customer's?
    Think Fast, Live Long!
    Humor Helps.

Read this for Shipwreck flashback - the Donzi bling my boat from a couple years ago.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ght=bling+boat
    Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Fantastic!
    97 27 zx twin step yep it is the slow boat
    500 EFI .........................with a little Boost and
    a little more boost
    48' Pacemaker Tournament Sportfish twin Detroits

Yeah... I was.... Kind of a Big Deal.....

Tex

fricking awwwssoommee!! any one notice how hi the old tru hull exhaust was?
    h.f.e.c.d

Anyone notice that the thru hull exhaust is gone now!
    500hp and it's gonna sound like a new stock Harley. WTF!

Exhaust and 74 Hornet Shipwreck Flashback

The exhaust on the Classic 18 has not been finished yet, it is being custom built all in stainless for thru hull side exit because the customer did not like burning themselves when they went tubbing. When we are done if you would like a personal viewing you know where we are located.(White Spy)

As for the Hornet Flashback- This boat was entered in a contest called 'BLING MY BOAT" not restore my original boat. Absolutely everything was donated, the motor was donated by Mercury it was a 377 6.2 liter stroker, bravo package, that is why the steering was changed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When the boat was completed it was better then when it came out of the factory.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to private message me.

I think you guys did a hell of a nice job on both the hornet and the classic. Side exhuast on the classic will be cool. A few of the Four Winns, Cobalts, Larsons, etc. have the big oval slash cut side exahaust that looks cool and functions well.

Too many guys here are dyed in the wool Donzi guys that only love factory restore back to original condition. Myself I really like the custom work Shipwreck does. I just couldn't stand to not have the open exhaust however. Love the sound of loud pipes!!!!

Wish I still had a Donzi but with the economy can't afford two loves. My current hobby for burning up money is Indian motorcycles. They are even more expensive than Harleys.
    http://www.indiantwincities.com/default.asp

What'd you guys do with the KC drive....
    1982 18' 2+3
    SOLD - 1990 22' Classic, ATS Racing built 466 Ford, OMC King Cobra Hump back

Cool

wow let me tell you they did an awsome job. I love Donziiisss im curently in the process of buying a Z-25, ill post up pics soon

Thread Information