Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AOTH X Thread

They have a lot of damage there from this past weeks storms. They are working hard to clean it up and there are a few groups forming to go down and help them out. On up river a whole marina broke loose and took off downstream.

here is a video of a marina on Herrington that broke loose and left with the current. Again this is not mine but i thought it was worthy of sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_yNbBpAv0&feature=player_embedded
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "damn that was fun"...

WOW, it looks like the is NO water....that's alot of debris
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Quote Originally Posted by Team Jefe View Post
    WOW, it looks like the is NO water....that's alot of debris
    Take your chainsaw...... That just suks....
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

Lee's Ford may still be a mess when we get there but the rest of the lake should be no worse than years past. We all need to pray for high winds and no more rain, that will get it cleaned up quick.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "damn that was fun"...

AOTH THRASHING......again....

Well anyone that was at AOTH last year may remember we repowered my fathers X-18 jet with the original 454 mag motor out of my 1994 22. It was a great solid low time motor when taken out of my 22. When we decided to use it in the X-18 we pulled it out of the corner of the basement and washed off all the cobb webs, prepped it, including priming the oil system as it had sat for about 5 years. All was good!

Well in typical fashion, we never fired the motor once installed in the boat and waited until we got to AOTH to run her. Dad backed it in the water and hit the key. It fired right up but no oil pressure so he shut it down immediately. So....no X for AOTH last year. After AOTH he stuck it in the boat shed and forgot about it until about 4th of July when we went out to diagnose what the issue was. We determined the distributor was not mating to the oil pump rod. So we thought he may have used a SBC rod instead of a BBC rod when installing the low profile jet boat oil pan and pump last year.

Fast forward to last night...

We yanked the motor to change the rod. Well we found that the melling hi vol pump he used was actually the issue. The stub coming out of the pump was where we lost the length(see pic). So we grabbed a new pump off the shelf and reassembled! Problem solved!
    www.mwdonziclub.com

Before everyone gets crazy,

The webcam from jamestown looks great.
    2000 28ZX Scorpion SOLD
    1979 Criterion
    1986 Z29

RED/WHITE
    TWIN SBC 330HP
    ALPHA 1'S
    Mcleod design Interior

Yes it does! Has anyone but one the water for a better report?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Yes it does! Has anyone but one the water for a better report?
    Do you mean 'Has anyone been on the water for a better report?'? I think Todd and Deric have.

We are definitely coming!!! We have toughed it out in storms, debris, warm sunny weather, empty fuel tank, cold crappy weather, broke starter bolts, over heating issues, broke spring/U-bolts on axle on boat trailer........but never ran out of beer/booze, good times and great people!!!!! As mentioned in the 'Do's/Don't's', we have no control of the weather and the water, but we do have control over our attitudes. Remember a few years ago when some people were concerned when the water level was lowered because of the wolf creek dam repair and peeps were saying there wouldnt be enough water to run in? Well, there was plenty of water, abundant scenery, and a great time was still had!

Looking at the lumber at the Jamestown resort live webcam, it looks about normal........Great!!!

Can't wait to see/meet everyone tough enough to be there,

tom
    2002 28ZX

Cool

i will be going to jamestown in the morning to check it out. like tom said, i will be there even if dar aint no water in the lake...good times,good friends
    h.f.e.c.d

I came, I saw, WTF....

Where's the wood? Lake looks great. Fishin' Sucks, there are only 60 steps insted of the usual 171.

Should be fine by the time everbody gets here in two weeks.

Out!
    h.f.e.c.d

COOL thanks Robert. Once Change for the SE Texas crew....we are downsizing to one boat. Matt is coming with me and leaving the formula at home. He was gonna be by himself and unsure of running in unknown waters...No biggie, we were short a few road trip drivers anyway when he lost his crew.

Besides I told him, a rumor of a big Formula SS he could bum a ride on if he neeeded a fix.
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Quote Originally Posted by gero1 View Post
    Where's the wood? Lake looks great. Fishin' Sucks, there are only 60 steps insted of the usual 171.
    Should be fine by the time everbody gets here in two weeks.
    Out!
    Yea!!!
    2002 28ZX

yea only 60 steps??? they have a water taxi fer u ol dudes! i am sure we will see some stuff floating around but hopefully they will be able to drop the lake enough to leave all the lumber on the shore
    h.f.e.c.d

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Dick
    You might want to bring about thirty and sell them Awesome
    Parnell
    I don't have time to make more, but I'd consider taking orders for later. Here's a teaser of the "final" version:

Thread Information