Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 358 Winchester

358 Winchester

Remington 760 Pump. Originally chambered for a 35 Rem.

With scope, strap, and gun case.

$300.00
    Buyer pays any shipping or tranfer fees.

1st dibs..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thumbs up

2nd Dibs!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    1st dibs..
    I don't think there is any transfer fees when sold to another individual in state.

Cuda, I gotta pass.. too many irons in the fire... sell it to MOP
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

MOP says between shipping and transfer fees, it doesn't make economic sense for him.

Just so the rest of you know I checked the situation out with my local dealer, he said it was a great gun and that if I were to be in Fla for any reason I should by it and bring it home.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Yes you could drive home with it because its not a handgun purchase, but you can also mail it to yourself, wink wink' because you chose not to go thru the hassle of checking it in with the airlines for your flight back home.
    Here's the plan,
    While you were staying at you cousin Joe's house you hurt your hand so Joe filled the UPS invoice out for you.
    Wrap it in a old cheap kids sleeping bag etc, put it in a wider then required box and mark it on the UPS invoice as sporting goods, and three days later regular ground shipping it'll be in LI.
    Don't ask me how I know this.
    Think Fast, Live Long!
    Humor Helps.

Good plan.

Nice... Openly discussing and planning a federal felony... In writing... Logged on a server...

Gun owners have enough battles to fight at the moment... We don't need this sort of BS...

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    Nice... Openly discussing and planning a federal felony... In writing... Logged on a server...
    Gun owners have enough battles to fight at the moment... We don't need this sort of BS...
    I just don't think this board is being monitored by the ATF. Nobody can arrest you for what you might do. Nowhere on this thread do I say I'm going to break any laws.

Hello James,

I haven't been around here in over the past 2-almost 3 yr's until last month so its been a long time since you had the opportunity to disapprove what I say in a very long time, I thought time would have mellowed you some but I see you still haven't changed or grown out of believing you know everything about everything like" Boy Wonder".

Of course what you wrote does happen to be 100% true when dealing with normal guidelines of a interstate firearm sales, I should know i've spent 23 yr's in law enforcement.
    But this is not the situation among our two friends, maybe with you it would be but this is not the case here unless you wish to spoil it?
    Now with what i'm suggesting it works with-in the scope of the law if you take the time to to read the link and read between the lines wink wink I provided down where it reads:
    Shipping Firearms "(A person may ship a rifle or shotgun to himself, in care of a person who lives in another state, for purposes of hunting.)
    http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60
    Where I mentioned above the wink wink part in this post and my first how to post is where the agreement is made that no one else needs to know, whether Phil buys it later or Joe just plans to hunt or target shoot when he visits Phil.
    Also this happens to be the best way to insure it doesn't get lost into criminal hands like so many firearms do when the shipment is labled correctly whats actually inside.

Theres no need to make a Federal case out of this James, and Joe is also 100% correct, No laws are broken by discussing how to commit a felony or bending a regulation anyway and theres nothing here that warrants attention..

Have a nice day and a better tomorrow!
    WH
    Think Fast, Live Long!
    Humor Helps.

Anyone,

Just out of curiosity, could you break down a firearm into, say 2 parts, and ship them separately? What I am asking is, if I took my pistol, broke it down and sent most of a the gun in one shipment and the barrel in another, would that constitute a shipment of a firearm as both packages would only be parts, or just of 2 shipments of useless metals?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tidbart View Post
    Anyone,

Just out of curiosity, could you break down a firearm into, say 2 parts, and ship them separately? What I am asking is, if I took my pistol, broke it down and sent most of a the gun in one shipment and the barrel in another, would that constitute a shipment of a firearm as both packages would only be parts, or just of 2 shipments of useless metals?

Bob
    The component of the firearm with the serial number is considered the firearm by Uncle Sam. You may ship any component sans serial number any way you wish to whoever you wish. The component with the S/N has specific shipping, receiving and delivery criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt. H. View Post
    Hello James,
    I haven't been around here in over the past 2-almost 3 yr's until last month so its been a long time since you had the opportunity to disapprove what I say in a very long time, I thought time would have mellowed you some but I see you still haven't changed or grown out of believing you know everything about everything like" Boy Wonder".
    Of course what you wrote does happen to be 100% true when dealing with normal guidelines of a interstate firearm sales, I should know i've spent 23 yr's in law enforcement.
    But this is not the situation among our two friends, maybe with you it would be but this is not the case here unless you wish to spoil it?
    Now with what i'm suggesting it works with-in the scope of the law if you take the time to to read the link and read between the lines wink wink I provided down where it reads:
    Shipping Firearms "(A person may ship a rifle or shotgun to himself, in care of a person who lives in another state, for purposes of hunting.)
    http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60
    Where I mentioned above the wink wink part in this post and my first how to post is where the agreement is made that no one else needs to know, whether Phil buys it later or Joe just plans to hunt or target shoot when he visits Phil.
    Also this happens to be the best way to insure it doesn't get lost into criminal hands like so many firearms do when the shipment is labled correctly whats actually inside.
    Theres no need to make a Federal case out of this James, and Joe is also 100% correct, No laws are broken by discussing how to commit a felony or bending a regulation anyway and theres nothing here that warrants attention..
    Have a nice day and a better tomorrow!
    WH
    Walt,

You are really twisting the law here Sir. The full intent of the conversation is to commit to interstate commerce. That is a Felony if the firearm does not pass through an 01 FFL on the receiving end (FFL to FFL if it is a handgun). Regardless of which state the actual transfer takes place in (FL or NY). Then there are state laws to contend with... What the BATFE may say is acceptable may be more liberal than what NY allows... You can word it as you wish, you can deflect by asserting that I believe I know "everything", whatever. When I'm right I'm right.

If this is something someone wishes to partake in, privately, have at it... It's your skin and I do not condone it, but that's not my place. But to put it into writing, on a publicly viewable forum is dangerous and irresponsible. Some unsuspecting individual may read what was written and take it to be "acceptable" and perform such a transaction. You are putting others at risk by discussing such a scenario.

Forget the NRA-ILA.... You want something related correctly then go right to the horses mouth.... Q&A for unlicensed (Non FFL) individuals straight from the ATF.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unli...rearms-carrier

Particularly....

Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.
    BTW, I do hold an FFL... I'm not just some schmuch. I'll refrain from the negative comments I have with regard to LEO and knowing the law.

Thread Information