Thread: 5.7 sbc

5.7 sbc

I have had a 383 Stroker motor to replace a 350/260HP engine in my 1998 Sport for the last three years. My hesitance has been to pull out a perfectly good running motor. If there is some one out there interested in this 350/260HP, I will move forward in swapping engines. What would be for sale would be the engine and carburetor as I would plan to keep the SST exhaust, starter, distributor, and accessories to go on the stroker motor. There is not an hour meter on the boat, and I do not have an accurate estimate on engine hours.
    Price? Make me an offer.
    Location is Dickinson, Texas, Clear Lake area.
    And since the engine is still in the Sport, you are welcome to take it for a test drive.

Steve
    623-393-0269 Home
    281-728-1704 Cell

Time on motor

how much time is on the motor? can you give a idea about what you would like for the motor.
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by 1234rob View Post
    how much time is on the motor? can you give a idea about what you would like for the motor.
    rob
    Hours? Not sure.

I believe it was a repo from Lake Dallas when it was new, and may have not been used for ......an extended period of time. The person I bought the boat from in Kemah, Texas back in December, 2007 had it for sale for an extended period of time with minimal use. I used it for a year down in the Keys in 2008, and used it a couple of times last year in Texas lakes.

The boat feels responsive. My thoughts were to let any prospective buyer run the boat and perform any compression checks, or anything they want, before removing the engine. Sure beats buying an engine off of an engine stand without running it.

Price? Make me a decent offer. I prefer to sell it versus letting it collect dust around the garage.

Steve

Thread Information