Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials

Thumbs up Microsoft Security Essentials

Well afte a few hours poking around checking my techie sites and friends I finally down loaded MSE, was a painless and fast install! Saved my $60 bucks not updating my old stuff, so far all input on it is very positive. It does not slow the machines down like the rest of the free ware stuff, I also feel it is good as it was built by MS for MS, it is a complete suite so you get total protection.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

thats good info, as I have the windows one care and they quite making it and are replacing it with mse. if anyone else has input, would like to hear it. mine runs out in 6 mnths and have to decide by then.

I'm running it on a new(ish) laptop running XP Pro and Explorer 8. So far, so good. Doesn't seem to be a drain on the system and nothing feels slow or weird at this point.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

In one of the reviews it said most will experience a substantial improvement in speed, it is not a memory hog like almost all other AV programs.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thread Information