I don't know if anyone here remembers, but I got onto this forum during the summer to ask for some advice on a 18' Donzi that my uncle gave me. It had a unrepairable 455 Oldsmobile paired to a Berkley jet.
Here is the link to that thread: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58225

Well, it has been in the shop for the last few months, and it is now running! I decided not to put another Olds in. It had already gone through 2, and I could not find anybody locally who would work with one. Instead I went with a Mercruiser 454 that I got used (low hours) for a good deal. It took a while to find all the parts I needed. The bellhousing is no longer in production so it was hard to find.

I took it out on the lake today and it ran great. I have no idea how fast it is, I will have to wait for a warmer day to find that out (Today was a high if 40 degrees). This is my first time to drive a jet, so that will take some getting used to. It is a little more difficult to maneuver at low speeds, but it is fun to drive.

Here are some pictures of the engine and boat. The engine compartment looks so much better than it did with the olds.