Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: minx project photos added daily

------Love those Pan Heads!!!.......Mr.Bill

Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by epatti1062 View Post
    Bought this minx from original owner!!! New motor, new oil pan, new intake, new aluminum exhaust

Also need advice on distributor have hei auto it has been in the boat for 3years "Coil mounted on cap" Not marine!
    Change or not?
    thanks tim
    up all night again can't sleep just sanded and repainted engine compartment. Dropping new motor in Friday
    1985 minx hull #11
    dmr20011f585
    engine install on hold, decided to replace gimble bearing, bellow and fresh water inlet first
    made exhaust block off plate and installed
    Today finished exhaust, adjusted throttle linkage, install alt. and power steering pump, started installing fresh water impeller and oil motor. I am amazed how much room a SBC takes up in the boat. I can only imagine how much fun it must be with a big block. Till tomarrow Tim

wed.

Bought this minx from original owner!!! New motor, new oil pan, new intake, new aluminum exhaust

Also need advice on distributor have hei auto it has been in the boat for 3years "Coil mounted on cap" Not marine!
    Change or not?
    thanks tim
    up all night again can't sleep just sanded and repainted engine compartment. Dropping new motor in Friday
    1985 minx hull #11
    dmr20011f585
    engine install on hold, decided to replace gimble bearing, bellow and fresh water inlet first
    spent most of the day fighting with shift linkage, installed water pump outdrive etc. had the starter wires in wrong position and now i have no spark. spent the rest of the cleaning and conditioning the interior.

Smile its lives

Change or not?
    thanks tim
    1985 minx hull #11
    dmr20011f585
    it lives

Question exhaust riser hot?

Change or not?
    thanks tim
    1985 minx hull #11
    dmr20011f585
    To it out today for trial run WOW. I a few problems exhaust rise getting hotter than the other pulled the hose off the theromastat housing ran water hose to it flows great. Please help Tim

Hot Riser?

Are you sure both exhaust supply hoses are putting out the same amount of cooling water ?
    If so~
    What about internal blockage between the manifold & riser ?
    Are you using old manifolds & risers?
    Possible rust or corrosion in manifold or riser?
    Were gaskets installed correctly in the proper direction on both manifolds to the risers?
    How about blockage in the thermostat housing itself?
    Pretty simple water system here~
    Should be fairly easy to troubleshoot !
    Both sides should run the same temps !
    BRAD
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    Are you sure both exhaust supply hoses are putting out the same amount of cooling water ?
    If so~
    What about internal blockage between the manifold & riser ?
    Are you using old manifolds & risers?
    Possible rust or corrosion in manifold or riser?
    Were gaskets installed correctly in the proper direction on both manifolds to the risers?
    How about blockage in the thermostat housing itself?
    Pretty simple water system here~
    Should be fairly easy to troubleshoot !
    Both sides should run the same temps !
    BRAD
    new motor etc. new aluminum manifolds and riser. i can leave my hand on one all day and the other for a few seconds
    thanks tim

Very nice

I just bought a minx. Actually the one listed on the for sale section.
    Did you do the dash over?
    What condition was she in when you bought her?
    I used to rebuild harleys for a living and had some great fun with them. Pan heads are so strong. Build it rightand she will give you years of dependable service..It is suicide shift?
    Good luck... It has to be exciting seeing her come to life
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    I just bought a minx. Actually the one listed on the for sale section.
    Did you do the dash over?
    What condition was she in when you bought her?
    I used to rebuild harleys for a living and had some great fun with them. Pan heads are so strong. Build it rightand she will give you years of dependable service..It is suicide shift?
    Good luck... It has to be exciting seeing her come to life
    The dash was done when I got it. The boat was totally redone 2 years ago. I had to install the new motor etc. I saw your new toy you got a great deal. The Harley was my dads he parked it when I was born. He had a bad crash and then it sat for 30 years. Foot shift, mouse trap clutch, four speed trans, and kick start only all original. Thanks Tim Where ru located buddyc

The Harley was my dads he parked it when I was born. He had a bad crash and then it sat for 30 years. Foot shift, mouse trap clutch, four speed trans, and kick start only all original. Thanks Tim Where ru located buddyc[/quote]

Im in South Jersey. Thats awsome your dad parked it when you were born...Funny you say that, When my son was born I didnt feel the same about riding around here... Just too much to loose if some lady drops her cell phone and wypes me out.
    The parts for the Harley should be easily accessable. There is a Motorcycle Salvage yard near me called "Nicks" in winslow nj. They had a load of old party and specialize in being able to get classic bikes back on the road all origional.
    So do you think 9900 was a fair price for the Minx?
    i think its fair
    Be well and good luck
    Bud
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    The Harley was my dads he parked it when I was born. He had a bad crash and then it sat for 30 years. Foot shift, mouse trap clutch, four speed trans, and kick start only all original. Thanks Tim Where ru located buddyc
    Im in South Jersey. Thats awsome your dad parked it when you were born...Funny you say that, When my son was born I didnt feel the same about riding around here... Just too much to loose if some lady drops her cell phone and wypes me out.
    The parts for the Harley should be easily accessable. There is a Motorcycle Salvage yard near me called "Nicks" in winslow nj. They had a load of old party and specialize in being able to get classic bikes back on the road all origional.
    i think its fair
    Be well and good luck
    Bud[/quote]

I got mine from a good friend. He bought it new and gave me a sweet deal 4500. Right now i have arround 10000 with everything. What a ride had my family on the deck boat they were running 40mph. I was 2000 rpms and dropped the thottle and was gone.

Thumbs up pics 1/24/2010 St. Johns/ Lake bearsford Deland FL

Nice weather. It was my 1st real play day 54mph full fuel 2 people
    Thanks for the great imput!!
    Tim

i think its fair
    Be well and good luck
    Bud
    I got mine from a good friend. He bought it new and gave me a sweet deal 4500. Right now i have arround 10000 with everything. What a ride had my family on the deck boat they were running 40mph. I was 2000 rpms and dropped the thottle and was gone.[/QUOTE]

great, more south jersey people.. Me too where are you?
    restoring a 30 sutphen race boat. family has an 18

deland

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I got mine from a good friend. He bought it new and gave me a sweet deal 4500. Right now i have arround 10000 with everything. What a ride had my family on the deck boat they were running 40mph. I was 2000 rpms and dropped the thottle and was gone.

great, more south jersey people.. Me too where are you?
    restoring a 30 sutphen race boat. family has an 18[/quote]

I live in Deland Florida. Its about 30miles from Daytona Beach

Nice weather. It was my 1st real play day 54mph full fuel 2 people
    Thanks for the great imput!!
    Tim
    Well done!
    Congratulations!
    The boat looks really good.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information