Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1969 16 Ski Sporter

I was going to say the ad looked very well informed, alot of what was discussed here seems to be covered. an informed buyer is one thing but schooling a seller can cost ya

yes it will find a fair market price on ebay.if you still like it bid what you think it is worth if it is meant to be it's meant to be

well good luck in the search.

Auction ended @ 6100usd Reserve not met. You guys pretty much nailed the value. Thanks again.

Boat would be a good buy for under 7K given known issues (fuel tank, bad gel) and unknown issues (misc mechanical). It would be a good restoration candidate for the right buyer. Expect to pay significantly more for a well sorted out boat. However to my eye - the black 18 on flea-Bay looks to be a better buy in a vintage Donzi.

My .02

Now that you know what it's worth (based on the auction results and advice from members here), you might be able to get a deal on it with some cash in hand. I paid around six grand for mine a couple years ago (in the same part of the state) with fewer original parts. If you're looking for a vintage Donzi to eventually restore and use in the meantime, six grand seems like a great price.
    1977 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, white and orange, 350 Chevy ZZ4, Volvo Penta 270 outdrive turning an Ultra 14x26LH, top speed (June '08): 59 MPH (GPS).

Quote Originally Posted by classicform View Post
    Thanks for everyones help...very good group of guys here! I'll join the club one of these days.
    ...aaaahhhh.... I think you just did

Welcome aboard.

I was just contacted by the seller of this boat. He still has it and is offering it to me for 4k.

I will not be purchasing it and wanted to pass it along to those that have the time to restore this boat.

From the seller:
    "If you are still interested in the boat I will sell it to you for $4000.00 I am loosing alot but need to sell!"

His email address is: Jipping [kathyjipping@chartermi.net]

Phone: 616-403-0949

I have many pics if you would like them shoot me a pm with your email address.

$4000 and you are not buying it....??

No, after much thought the last go round I decided not to buy. I know I wouldn't be able to do the boat justice so I let it go. I figured it was gone by now but the email from him just came today.

I think it needs someone with the time and knowledge to do it up right.

****, this is too tempting.

NO, no no, I can't.

I already have one crappy boat, I dont need another.

Someone buy this thing.
    1982 18' 2+3
    SOLD - 1990 22' Classic, ATS Racing built 466 Ford, OMC King Cobra Hump back

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouLou View Post
    ****, this is too tempting.

NO, no no, I can't.

I already have one crappy boat, I dont need another.

Someone buy this thing.
    Tell me about it!

And this one is only 40 miles away from me, not 700+!

And it is 20% cheaper than what we paid for our boats!
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

-------Having more than one (1) DONZI is not a crime. Join the rest of us who have a spare when one is apart. Twice the fun and twice the headaches!!! .........Mr.Bill

Don't forget twice the cost..

I speak from experience.

Two more observations..The decal shown is the dolphin/lion logo that I thought was implemented in the early 70's replacing the British flag. Seems like the decals were replaced at some point.
    Also, isn't the dash instrument cluster the one on an 18 2+3? The dash on both our Ski Sporters are the "enlongated" ones for lack of a better term.

To close the loop on this old thread, here she is today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L1090147.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	82369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L1090149.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	82370  

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum . Just curious is the boat still in Mich yet , and if you do not mind whre .

Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum . Just curious is the boat still in Mich yet , and if you do not mind whre .
    Thanks! I have had the boat for a few years now, but have not had the time to devote to it until recently. The boat is in Lake George, NY.

Thread Information