Thread: Jabsco water pump coupler

Jabsco water pump coupler

I've got a 1968 18 2+3 with a water pump problem. It has the original 289 Holman Moody and we have a problem with the coupler between the jabsco 11850 water pump and the engine. It is just plain worn out and I need to replace it. Is this an easily found part?

Jeff

whats worn??? if it is the teeth on the pulley on the front of the motor that can be a PITA to find , if it is the teeth on the shaft that is not easy either
    try holman moody they have some stuff from their marine days still laying around

good luck

It is actually both the teeth and the shaft. Is there a name for these pieces? Is there someone at Holman Moody I should talk to?

This might be some good reading for you.....

Actually the cupler is a aluminum copy od a hydraulic coupler used in log splitters and can be machined to worj on the cranl and pump. Hover it would be cheaper to use a modern day PCM ford crank driven pump. I went the original way at the tune of $504 for just the pump and I machined the rest in my shop.
    I just could not bear to change the system- at least then now two years later I am not so sure.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information