Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fino

Smile "Dreams are meant to be lived."

"Don't follow Your dreams. Hunt them down."

I'm so pleased to see what Your hunt brought about Sean. Can't say I'm surprised though. All the good guys have a tendency to come out of the woodwork when they spot an honest, humble enthusiast who could need a helping hand or be pointed in the right direction.
    Last edited by lars; 11-20-2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
    LARS THE SWEDE

Thanks Lars! It certainly felt a "hunt"...

To round out the Finos I found, attached is a pic of Ryan's blue hull (he has done some glass work on it since, but it is still a project waiting to happen) as well as a red Fino that was for sale in Florida a little while back. Bill S. went out and saw it, but unfortunately it has extensive termite damage in the stringers.

Yours looks absolutely stunning.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Thanks Mike. I can't say enough good things about Ryan at RCS. His workmanship and attention to detail is superb,and this thing was his baby. He did a few things on the boat for me before I shipped it out, and even the care he took in prepping it for transport was beyond the pale- when I removed the shrink wrap I found he'd taped off every inch of rail, wrapped all the wood in pipe insulation, padded all contact points... you get the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ------it was the red one available in fla., and i will hopefully be bringing it over to the reunion with as many friends as i can jam on board!!! Give me a call, mark, if you are up for it. Ill need al the help i can get. Theres a bit of a learning curve that will be necessary on this one. Its the only red one i have come across but the former owner says there was one other one. Then he took me about a mile from his shop and showed me another maroon one that was originally rigged with twin trs set-ups. It was supposedly built for magnum owner, fino originator, and offshore racer bobby rautbord, but is now just a stripped out hull, unfortunatly.......bill s
    hi i know the fino with the trs drives because i bought it in 1986 or87 from bob s the owner of apache.i was a dealer in 1985 and he took it in on trade from bobby rautbord he built him a 33 apache center console.the fino had twin 485 c&g race moters that were staggered with trs drives.being a fino lover since i first saw it at miami boat show in 1971 i just had to have it. The boat was originly blue and white and i had hull sides painted at my marina red.i then took it down to the keys with a buddy who i sold my 1966 26 foot riva super aquarama to.i hate to say it but the fino with the out drives ran like ****. It only had two speeds idle or full throtal. If you try to power down it would cavitate and lose its plane. I was so disappointed in the performance that when i returned from keys to my place in pompano beach i sold it to a friend by the name of allan kind who owned a exotic car dealer by the name of the cvandy store. He took it to his shop striped it and to my knowlage still has it. The v drive boats run awsom .they are bullet proof and can take any thing you can throw at them. Good luck with your boat i love to see dreams come true.if you can let me know of others i would appreciate it thank you anthony galgano

Quote Originally Posted by yvr View Post
    and a few more, including just prior to the maiden, moored at Lake St. Clair, and on the trailer just after it arrived here in Vancouver, BC...

AMAZING workmanship! Nice to see that kind of save and restore......best of luck, those lines are special
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Great looking boat. Also interesting information on the drives vs inboard performance. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Wow!!!
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

I notice that the Chicago broker selling Karamasines' Fino (the red one) has added some pictures to his listing, and in a few of them you can see a green Fino beside it. Does anybody know anything about that boat? Its history, condition, equipment?

----Sean,,,That Fino looks a bit green but is actually black. I do know the owner,,,have known him for close to 30 years since I lived in the Chicago area. I actually didnt know he owned this Fino though until about 4 years ago. Its a nice one as he has always maintained it. Id like to see it in person sometime though.......Bill S

Did anyone ever buy & restore that old I/O twin-engine Fino that was sitting for years abandoned & partially stripped ?
    It was in Florida I believe ?
    I think it had once belonged to Bobby the Fino Boat Co. Owner/Founder/Builder.
    I think it was the only I/O Fino ever built ?
    Let's hope someone is now doing the right thing and restoring that fine old Fino hull.

I'll take a Fino or Riva any day.
    Boats with real Class & Style.
    Last edited by silverghost; 05-22-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ----Sean,,,That Fino looks a bit green but is actually black. I do know the owner,,,have known him for close to 30 years since I lived in the Chicago area. I actually didnt know he owned this Fino though until about 4 years ago. Its a nice one as he has always maintained it. Id like to see it in person sometime though.......Bill S
    Bill when are we going to see your newly restored Fino ?????? And All you were goiing to do was a little tune up on her....I know she is a 10 now..

Here are some spy shots of Mr Bill's Fino in the final stages of the restoration at the paint shop.

A few more pic's of the sides & bottom that are done. The pic's dont do it justice, the colors almost match Bills Donzi, now on to the deck.

----Thanks so much for posting the pics, Mark. What a monumental job its turned out to be........Bill S

Thread Information