Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Fino

------I meant the Mirage in the picture, Howard.........Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ------I will have the Fino in the Algonac Boat Show this Saturday, Smidge. Ill have a cold one waiting for you if you make it up. Or, actually, anyone else from the sight that happens to be in the area. I would be willing to bet you wont go to many boat shows with two Finos in one show. The maroon one I showed you is entered as well. I would be second if I was being judged, for sure.
    ------That Chris was pretty neat but just a bit strange with the Metal-Flake paint job. Your floater was really nice, buy the way!!!.........Bill S
    Thanks Bill,, The Orange Metal-Flake is in the gell coat, thats the way they came from Chris Craft & with the black bottom. That boat raced as P-300 C*C Rider around 1975. I will try to make it up for the show.

-------You have to be kidding. That thing isnt even a jet-drive,,,LOL!!! I have seen that hull and deck in a regular eggshell white somewhere though, havent I ???..........Bill S

-------You have to be kidding. That thing isnt even a jet-drive,,,LOL!!! I have seen that hull and deck in a regular eggshell white somewhere though, havent I ???..........Bill S
    Local, Steve Baum also raced one called the Maverick [white hull] back then. Also The first U.S.A. offshore death [The 1974 Blue Lagoon Classic] happend here on Lake St Clair in that boat. Steve would later start Maverick Marine, stretching that hull to 32' and winning many races. Around 1980 Steve Baum would also become the APBA Offshore President.

Thumbs up Chris-Craft 8 Meter?

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    Bill [olredalert] Thanks for coming to the reunion. The weather my have stoped some from coming, but not the REAL OLD SCHOOL BOATERS..
    What's the history of these Chris-Craft 8 Meters. There's one in Sweden and I'm just curious how many that were made and if there's some more photos of this good looking one posted somewhere. You guys sure have some nice boats over there.
    Lars
    LARS THE SWEDE

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    What's the history of these Chris-Craft 8 Meters. There's one in Sweden and I'm just curious how many that were made and if there's some more photos of this good looking one posted somewhere. You guys sure have some nice boats over there.
    Lars

All I know is they were made about 18 boats [as I was told] from late 1973 to maybe 1976..

Thanks.

Thanks. Appreciate the info. very much. Allways amazed at the knowledge on this great forum.

Lars.
    LARS THE SWEDE

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    Thanks. Appreciate the info. very much. Allways amazed at the knowledge on this great forum.

Lars.
    Bill how did the Fino do at the St Clair show ???? When the rain came again Dave and I had to keep our beverages safe and I went to the Voyageur tavern.

-------Bwa-Haa . Got first place in class. There were two boats in the class. The other one didnt show, so I was pretty sure I had second wrapped up and even thought there might be a shot at first!!!! The will of the people carried the day, though, and I swept into first. Thanks for asking. It was actually a nice day for just about everyone.........Bill S

Congrats. (You should post more pictures of the big winner.)
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Congrats. (You should post more pictures of the big winner.)
    Here is the winner & and his competition.

-------Thanks Mark,,,That party barge was in a different class or I would have been in trouble. If you look closely, it may appear that I am already in trouble as the gendarmes were present in your picture. Never fear,,,they were just asking directions to the local "Tim Hortons" . .........Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    Here is the winner & and his competition.
    Wow that baby's pretty.

As for the party barge, what would Thor Heyerdahl say? Ack! Eww! Ack! Eww.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

-------Thanks Mark,,,That party barge was in a different class or I would have been in trouble. If you look closely, it may appear that I am already in trouble as the gendarmes were present in your picture. Never fear,,,they were just asking directions to the local "Tim Hortons" . .........Bill S
    I don't know it looks like they told you to empty your pockets. One Adam 12 see the man.

------Scott,,,Mr.Bill just seemed so right !!! Funny part is that not a whole lot of people remember the skits. Im already sick and tired of splainin. A guy started talking to me about the Fino at this show and then disappeared for about 20 minutes and came back with a stuffed Mr.Bill and gave him to me. I now have a new mascot ........Bill S

Thread Information