Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fino

Quote Originally Posted by tom rockstroh View Post
    I had a White 73' with the 427 Mercs, bought it in 1980 from a guy in Annapolis Md.The boat was in the 1973 New York boat show and I was told it was the very last one built and it was #28.There is a picture posted on OSO of the Magnum plant in 73' from the opposite side of the canal and in the background you can see a white Fino on a shipping cradle along with another blue one in the water.The boat is still around the Annapolis area.
    I see one right in Annapolis every once in a while, which I suspect is this one. Gorgeous boat. -Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Fino

Yeah Mike that's probably the one, the owner lives somewhere in Severna Park and keeps it on the Magothy,I noticed you have a V drive Nova, I always wanted one,There were a few that ran around Annapolis when I had the Fino, I also had a 73' Wellcraft Nova(Purple)wTwin 188's, I sold It to buy the Fino. There was another Fino around too,It was blue wih a white deck owned by a lawyer that kept it on the Severn but it's gone now I think it went to Del.The only other one around here is the Yellow/Orange one that is on bodkin creek with diesels in it now.

Yeah Mike that's probably the one, the owner lives somewhere in Severna Park and keeps it on the Magothy,I noticed you have a V drive Nova, I always wanted one,There were a few that ran around Annapolis when I had the Fino, I also had a 73' Wellcraft Nova(Purple)wTwin 188's, I sold It to buy the Fino. There was another Fino around too,It was blue wih a white deck owned by a lawyer that kept it on the Severn but it's gone now I think it went to Del.The only other one around here is the Yellow/Orange one that is on bodkin creek with diesels in it now.
    Cool. (As for always wanting a v-drive Nova, everything's negotiable in this world, right? )

The yellow/orange one on the Bodkin, that's GOTTA be another of the "Purely Pleasure" family, no? (I think the guy who owns a marina with rack storage up there has had a bunch of yellow/orange boats, at least one of which back in the 80's was a big Magnum, and there have been replacements of larger size over the years. All named "Purely Pleasure" or something similar I think. So I'm curious if the yellow/orange Fino is in that family--as the yacht tender or pleasure runabout to some bigger sibling.) -Mike

P.S. Curious whereabout you are here--I'm right in Annapolis and my Nova is at Bert Jabin's on Back Creek, off the Severn.

Fino

I am on the Bodkin as well, keeping boats at Ventnor Marina, Just sold my 75' Cigarette 35 and getting ready to put over my 72' 28 Bertram but haven't had too much time for boats these days,trying to sell Bertram now,but no takers for this old boat in this economy,I would like to buy back my old Fino and redo it someday,I see it around alot too.

I am on the Bodkin as well, keeping boats at Ventnor Marina, Just sold my 75' Cigarette 35 and getting ready to put over my 72' 28 Bertram but haven't had too much time for boats these days,trying to sell Bertram now,but no takers for this old boat in this economy,I would like to buy back my old Fino and redo it someday,I see it around alot too.
    Now I'm just curious and nosy, wondering if that's your Bertram I've seen blocked up, as I turned from Hog Neck rd onto Ft Smallwood, on the right...

Fino

No, mine is blocked on my lot next to my house, although I did look at the one you saw(Not to Purchase),That ones pretty rough for the price, I would sell mine cheaper than that and it's all redone.

-----Well Tom,,,This is interesting. I would have said the last Fino was built in 1973 as you note. Out in Washington state, though, at the company that builds the new ones they claim they have a restored 1975 Fino for sale ($199,000). I really wondered about that when I saw it.
    -----I have heard about a white one that was in in your general vicinity. Im not sure they made another.
    -----The "Purely Pleasure" guy keeps his Fino at "Ocean Reef" outside Key Largo during the cold months along with his newer 70 some foot ocean race style boat. It may be a Magnum, but Im just not sure. I met him once but cant remember his name. The Fino is definetly in that family. The reason for the "orange/red" combos is that supposedly he is color blind and he finds those shades of orange and red pleasant.
    -----Is the Bertram 28 you refer to a 28 Baron??? Another one of my all time favorites!!!
    -----Go get that white one back. You deserve it.......Bill S

Fino...a beautiful boat!
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

Fino

This is my 73' taken in 1981!

Fino

Back at the dock after a full day on the bay, Those were the days!!!

-----Thanks for the pics, Tom!!! Much appreciated.
    -----Baxter,,,The boat ahs been locked up in a shed since it got here so I have no pics yet, but they are coming. Boat gets launched tomorrow.........Bill S

Bill I found this old pic, funny it has our new boats pictured..

-------The magazine just has good taste. Thats all!!! Fino is getting wet later today after this front, hopefully, passes thru. No rain yet but it looks snotty.........Bill S

Started teasing us on 6-10.

6-17 and still no pictures.

Poodle, you got any frequent flyer miles?

Some of us are dieing out here!
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I google searched images to tide us all over, but this was the closest thing I found.

dino.jpg

Thread Information