Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Fino

Nice Dale !!

Is this the one?? If so I may be interested in the engines before you take here out of the state.
    Give me a call at 3059925388
    Thanks
    Bert
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep that's the one!

Bert will call in the next few days, motors done 72 hours.

Bill will also call, flat out at the moment with a refit of a 145

She will be staying in state for a while, very interested in a trailer should anyone have any advice or know of one?

She is going blue and white as the new one is.

A very good friend has known the boat ad looked after it over the years, we are checking stringers tomorrow.........he rebuilt them about 15 years ago so will be interesting to see how they are.
    Dale

Here is a shot of mine runnung at the dock.

If you want a new trailer I have a few prices. I was going to buy a new one for my boat so I have done my home work.
    Glad it is going to be saved. Lou was going to paint it to look like wood. Then he changed his mind and wanted to sell.
    You going to have Lou paint her? He does super work. Good prices too.
    Bert
    This is my Fino at the dock a few weeks ago. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes I spoke to Jose about the wood effect, very complex though.....

Luu will be painting her, inside and out.

Yours looks sweet, why do you need new motors?

Dale

Don't need, want.

Mine has 350 hours. They run good but if yours are better then I would consider changing out.
    But like you, I would like to get rid of the carbs too.
    Talk to you soon.
    Thanks

Talking

----Dale,,,Be aware that about five years ago when owned by Craig Tafoya this Fino was riddled with termites. I wanted the boat but walked away. I do know much more about Finos today and wouldnt walk now, but the labor is still there to replace the stringers unless the job has already been done. I still congratulate you on a good buy as this boat also has a lot of good attributes even if a few bugs have had a meal or two on it.........Bill S

Yes I know about this, I know Craig.

Some repair has been carried out but she has been stood and I am pulling the motors to take a closer look.

A good friend changed the stringers out over 15 years ago and is happy to attack it again!

He looked after the boat when she was bought new and did so for many years afterwards so he knows it well!!

Lets see how bad it is now....

Do you know anything about her motor rotation?

Thanks

Dale

----I dont know with any certainty about the rotation of your Fino, but, as I said, all the original V-drive Finos had the one counter-rotating motor........Bill S

Dale, congrats on the Fino!

I'd expect the port motor was counter-rotating. Probably better ways, but inspecting the the firing order on the distributors would likely corroborate this. The port prop in that pic looks LH to me also, which is what I'd expect with a CR v-drive inboard.

Looking forward to your progress--those things are SO cool.

Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Ozark Fino

Have worked through most of the bugs with the boat but still have to chase down a couple of items. for the most part the boat is in very good shape. Next step is probably to redo the upholstry over the winter. Does anyone know where I can find the tow ring that fits in the slot on the stern? it didnt have one when I bought the boat. I think I will keep the boat original for now.

AdamFINOBOAT 001.jpg

----Got those 440/six-pack motors purring, Eh? Adam, You do, more than likely, have the most original Fino out there. Theres a lot to be said for that. I dont know what I would do down the road. Hard decision, but maybe just a sympathetic resto, just doing whats absolutely necessary.
    ----As for the tow ring,,,Im not sure anyone has one. Mine is long gone. They were pretty easy to loose one way or another.......Bill S

Ozark Fino

You know the boat is in such good shape that a restoration just isnt needed, and i think its pretty cool that it is for the most part original. Yes the engines were running really well excluding a rough idle at low rpms on the starboard motor, of which I am still trying to sort out. I did upgrade to new 4 blade props but havent had the boat out to test them yet. I purchased the props through Michigan propeller, he said he had provided props for several of the Fino boats out there.

Tahoe boat show is this weekend, it would be awesome to get a group of the Finos together at some point.

Adam

Well inspection over, termites can't have been that hungry!! - Interior long gone (actually removed ages ago) but rest of the boat is pretty good.

Floor coming out, motor cover coming off, Motors and transmissions out by Monday and then good old Jose at Best marine carpentry - Bit of a Fino legend - will be carrying out his magic!

He replaced the gas tank years ago, hoping its in good health.

New Motors ordered - Bert i will call you tomorrow, i do want to sell the big blocks, with fresh water cooling etc, i just need the transmission.

Bill, can i ask if you know anything about moving the motors aft, is this a common thing to do? why would i need to do it?

Also is it worth changing the 3 blade props for the 4 blades?

Thanks

Dale

Adam, you're Fino is superb, really classic style.

Could I please which props you went with? Off the shelf or custom.

Also I would like trailer, if anyone knows of one please let me know

Thanks,
    Dale

Ozark Fino

photo (32).JPGI went with four blade props but have not had the boat out to test them yet. if the pic doesnt give you enough info I will dig out the reciept. I have this gooseneck trailer, which is just too much, 42 ft long. probable great for long trips but i would love to sell it and get a lighter aluminum trailer if your interested in this Loadmaster trailer.

AdamFINOBOAT 001.jpg

Thread Information