Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Fino

absolutly gordious!!

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

You are very fortunate
    to have such a work of Art!!

A few more updated pic's of Bill's restoration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice!
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

Bobby rautbord "fino vette" ebay item

Interesting ITEM ON THE BAY.
    I love Fino too !!!!!!
    When I was a teenager I was friends with Kendal Dinkler. Her Mom was a real
    cool Lady. They had a house out on Stiltsville, out in Biscayne Bay. I am sure you guys know what that is. Anyway, They had a baby blue Fino and I remember the day we went out to the Stiltsville house. A bunch of us. What a fun trip. One that I will not soon forget.
    And the parties at the Palm Bay Club. Ahhhh, the good old days.
    The Racket Club Sunday brunch. Any one remember that?
    All the lobster you could eat !!!
    And Dave Craig s ski school on the 79 street causeway.
    Am I getting to anybody??

Connie Dinkler?

nah, never met her

I plead the 5th....
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

----Have been aware of the "Fino Vette" since the early 70s. This Corvette may have started life as Fino Vette, but I believe that George modified it later for a role in a movie of some sort. There are a huge number of differences between the original and this monstrosity. Original never had a chopped top nor any of the more outlandish modifications. The original, while very modified, still remained a driveable vehicle, and the dash was totally stock.Id love to find an original Fino Vette, but I think only two or three got built and this probably was one of them, until it bastardized.......Bill S

Fino

Traveled to see the Fino that was in the Ozarks last week. Beautiful boat from 30 feet away. It shows it's age when you get up close. Tough call because when your doing a restoration it's hard to resist doing everything, and there is lots about this boat that is in very good shape. Tempted to buy it and just keep it original. Price is around 45,500 which seems like a fair deal. I own a boat restoration shop so will probable start at scratch and bring the boat to it's full potential, which it has plenty. I just saw one listed in Chicago, does anyone have info on that boat?

Fino

Traveled to see the Fino that was in the Ozarks last week. Beautiful boat from 30 feet away. It shows it's age when you get up close. Tough call because when your doing a restoration it's hard to resist doing everything, and there is lots about this boat that is in very good shape. Tempted to buy it and just keep it original. Price is around 45,500 which seems like a fair deal. I own a boat restoration shop so will probable start at scratch and bring the boat to it's full potential, which it has plenty. I just saw one listed in Chicago, does anyone have info on that boat?

Adam,

Somewhere here (possibly even this thread) is the best nationwide survey of existing models in history. Talks about virtually every known Fino on the recent market, in great detail, based on a lot of direct firsthand info. I can't remember which user put it all up, but maybe Oldredalert would know. A little searching should get you there if this thread isn't the one. Good luck--very cool boat.

Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

----Adam,,, You and I spoke once before. Call me when you get a chance as I can fill your ear about that Chicago Fino. 810-420-0431......Bill S

Here are the latest pic's of Bill's Fino that now has been totaly restored.
    Attached Images Attached Images

----Thanks Mark! Much appreciated. Will probably get it wet sometime next week to test the stuffing and rudder packing. Ill calll you tomorrow to see how your engines went......Bill S

2000 Yadfish Fino.

("yvr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom,

Thanks for sharing those additional pics of your '73.

You asked about the boat in Chicago- it is Rough shape, with a capital "R". Poor non-original paint, lots of bubbling 'glass, filthy bilge, woodwork in terrible shape, milky windshield, trashed non-original upholstery... you get the picture. It's really only a candidate for a complete restoration.

As for pricing on the Ozarks Fino, I was back and forth with the owner several times after I saw it. That was some time ago now, but I expect there's some room to move on that "$69.9k firm" asking price - I'd guess at least $10-$20k. Note it doesn't have a trailer.

There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/. A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.

I should also mention the 2000 Yadfish Fino is "sort of" for sale. The boat broker who owns the so-called '75 in Seattle was trying to sell the 2000 on behalf of its owner for $150k. Sean.")

It's remarkable to see Your Fino come together Bill. Seeing the photos of it when You bought it I thought it looked stunning and didn't expect You to bring it to an even higher level. Wonderful to follow the progress.

The 2000 Yadfish Fino was for sale as low as $119,000 or maybe it was $129,000 back in 2005 when I was eyeing Finos. The lowest advertised price was in boattrader and it was listed to be at Lake Collins, CO and advertised by an owner who called himself Captain Charmoneski or something Slavic sounding like that. Look forward to see a possible resto of the brown Lake of the Ozarks Fino, Anahita and more fotage of the black one.
    LARS THE SWEDE

Very , very nice Bill

Bill, That is spectacular !! I think that shade of blue is the best color for a Fino. I know your going to have a great summer in that boat. You going to have to get a Fino bat to beat all the gaukers away when you pull up to a dock. I could see you out to dinner dressed in a tux pulling up to a waterfront restaurant. That's something I always wanted to do. You have the equipment, that's for sure.
    Use it well. You deserve it for a save like that. Congratulations !!!
    PS: You have to have the best wife on the planet. Thank you Mrs S. Without your support this thread would have ended long ago.

-----Bert,,,You have a new fan up here in Marine City Mi. She is supportive as long as I return the same support......Bill S

Thread Information