Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Fino

Tom's Fino Coming up on plane.

----Tom,,,YVR saw that Fino in person and I believe he had a bit to say about it earlier in this thread. It needs a bunch, but is the cheapest one available. With the Chris Karamasines connection it does sort of have a relatively famous owner. I havent seen the termite ridden one from Lauderdale on any for-sale sights in quite awhile, so dont know if its available or not. That boat when I saw it 3 years ago had absolutely fresh Mercruiser power and a new teak floor and new tanks (I think). At the time I saw it I was scared about the termites enough not to buy it. Dont know what I would do now that I know a bit more.......Bill S

That looks like the Fino I saw once in Annapolis harbor, before I even knew what a Fino was.

And maybe my eyes are kidding me, but I would swear I recognize that piece of water...

FinoPic.PNG
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

More of Tom's Fino

Her she is nosed up on Ski island on the Severn.Ghost, You are right on with where the photo was taken,getting up on a plane after the 6 MPH area.img087.jpg

Tom's Fino 427's FWC ,Sorry for the B&W Photo.

One More.......

Tom's Fino

Mine was a 73' and was a heavy boat, She had A/C, Generator, Halon system, Big batterie charger and if you look at the engine photo, You can see (2) 8-D Batteries (Construction Equip Type) between the engines as well. One other Fino was around on the Severn owner by a Lawyer, His was a Chrysler boat (1970) converted to BBC 454's, No a/c, Gen, and with Std batteries and aluminum manifolds and was Powder Blue in color. His boat was much faster than mine by at least 5MPH or more.

Just noticed the name as I was going back through these--somebody an astronomer?
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Fino, Questar

Ghost,Your probably right, The boat was originally purchased by a man in DC named Byron and his company was Byron Motion Pictures. He bought it new out of the Ny boat show. He named it Questar which I though was cool so I left it alone. Questar IS a camera lense company that I think he was involved with.I'm sure that's where the name came from.

Tom,

Thanks for sharing those additional pics of your '73.

You asked about the boat in Chicago- it is Rough shape, with a capital "R". Poor non-original paint, lots of bubbling 'glass, filthy bilge, woodwork in terrible shape, milky windshield, trashed non-original upholstery... you get the picture. It's really only a candidate for a complete restoration.

As for pricing on the Ozarks Fino, I was back and forth with the owner several times after I saw it. That was some time ago now, but I expect there's some room to move on that "$69.9k firm" asking price - I'd guess at least $10-$20k. Note it doesn't have a trailer.

There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/. A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.

I should also mention the 2000 Yadfish Fino is "sort of" for sale. The boat broker who owns the so-called '75 in Seattle was trying to sell the 2000 on behalf of its owner for $150k.

Sean

fino with trs

i bought bobbys fino in 1986 from bobby sicenti builder of the 22 appace scout and the 33 center consoul .he took it on trade for a new 33 i was a dealer for him then and was offered the boat in witch i jumped on. it was a babby blue color and had twin big block cheveys with stagered motors with a jack shaft. i have ridden in a few finos with the v drives and let me tell you the one i bought with the out drives ran like **** it had no mid range cruise you had to be balls to the wall or it would just cavitate and burn gas . i took it from my marina in pompanp beach to gilberts in key largo on my first run followed by my friend that i just sold my 26 super aqurama riva to because i could not keep up with the matince of a wood hull in sunny fl. i could not keep up with him.i then painted the boat red and put a pair of 330 mercs hopping to have a nice boat that had some mid range power but was not happy with it. i then sold it to a friend of mine named alan kind who then owend the candy store in pompano beach fl. an exotic car lot for $15,000.00 a gift. to my knowlage he still has the boat but it is totaly striped out.and is still siting.i have been in a few finos with the v drives as well as steves new fino and they ride as well as my riva if not better.i would love to find one with the v drives because i think the boat screams class act good luck with it and enjoy [ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

[There is also the option of the hull that Ryan at RCS has: http://www.rcsyachtrefinishers.com/. A lot of prepwork has already been done on it. The only hitch is that he wants to do the restoration for any purchaser. His workmanship is very good, but he's very busy so a buyer would have to be patient and realistically expect to wait a couple of years for him to complete the project. Not to mention fork over a lot of cash. But they would wind up with a really sweet finished product.]

This blue Fino sat for years in Emerald Citys Harbor grave yard along with this 28' Bertram Baron & this 19' Sutphen. It's good to see that these boats are being saved. The Sutphen is now being restored by detroitdonzi , & the Bertram is being restored by captaintyler both on this site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

----I found out a couple of days ago that the Lotto Fino was sold a while back, and may possibly be sold again in the near future. I wish the possible new owner the best of luck with it......Bill S

nice

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

hope she will get fixed up as nice as your GT

Awsome workmanship

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

RCS Yacht Refinishers does some beautiful work. If anyone is going to have work done on a Fino / that is where it should be done.

Thread Information