Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Fino

Better pic of the trailer

Congrats, what a gorgeous ride! (I pondered buying that very Fino for a couple of years...)
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Ozark Fino

Thanks, I now have the boat tucked in my car barn in Napa California. I have had it out a couple of timesand its a great handling, running boat.

Adam

----Dale,,,I dont know what number yours is among the 30 made but most all the Finos are very well balanced for what they are. Early boats had saddle tanks along side the motors and were badly balanced in that configuration. Some,if not all, of those were later updated. I do remember that yours has the tanks in the traditional location underneath the floor. As well,,, all the steering stuff is fairly close to the engines. I just dont know what moving the engines rearward would accomplish......Bill S

pretty trick trailer
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Intresting trailer

Adam, please send me an email at bertsboat@mindspring.com
    Thanks in advance,
    Bert

Bill thanks for the info, I will leave the motors where they are.

Adam, cool trailer but not for me thanks.

With luck I think I have found the windscreen mould, if not I will be having a mould made, would anyone be interested in new screen plastic? I looked ino glass but it ain't cheap!!

Bill did you buy new glass/ plastic? If so how I'd thy make it?

Bert, any idea on the motor offer?

Thanks

Dale

----Dale,,,The windshield plexi had been redone by the former owner so I didnt need to have them made. I would possibly be interested in a spare set depending on price, but Im sort of afraid that the frames may vary in size. There are at least two different variations in the original frames. Its hard to see but there is less peak in the center of some of the frames. The frames with less peak seem to be earlier production, but I cant prove that. I seem to remember Craig showing me the original molds when I went to look at your boat with the idea of buying it. Those must be the molds you are referring to.
    ----Ill bet you contacted the Yadfish group about glass windshields. You have done your homework, and yes, they are very expensive!
    ----Im sure Bert will get back to you shortly on the motors..........Bill S

The missing Fino tow hook !!

I asked Butch about the tow ring that was supplied with your Fino and here is what he said.
    " I seem to remember something like this. I think it was made from stainless steel. The ball on the end allowed it to swivel side to side for skiing. I also think we made two types. One like this, and one without a cross bar. We also gave away a Connelly slalom ski with each boat. I used to have one until my friend borrowed it "

More info we did not know from Butch.

Butch,
    Thank your in advance for any other info you may like to share. Some names of people that bought a Fino new would be cool and places you went to and delivered new boats would be cool too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

www.finomarine.com Interesting Fino site found.

Not for profit Fino web site. We are looking to start a registry of the Fino boats that are still in use, laying in a field or under construction. Please, if anyone has a Fino or knows of one we would like to get pictures. Maybe you have some pictures or know of someone who may. We would like to hear fro anyone that was involved in the building of Finos like Butch Stokes and John Rose of Ellis Propeller. Any one know if Walt Walters is still among the living? Info like that.
    Thanks in advance !!
    www.finomarine.com

Sweet!

I want one! :-)

What a beautiful boat with history.

Fino web site

There is information on most of the known Fino's at www.finomarine.com
    If you can help us with more pictures and information it would be appreciated.
    Please have a look. The different boats are at the top, Click the pictures and they will enlarge.
    Thanks

Wake dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by 72Hornet View Post
    I have enjoyed this thread immensely. As for many on this board, it would be my dream to someday own a Fino. Call me crazy, but I believe I have seen a Fino with surface piercing drives. Arnesons by chance? Does this seem possible or did someone do a modification and add that style of drive?
    This is the Arneson Fino. New drives and engines are in now. Back in the H2O soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

----Itching to get my Fino in the water for summer, but have to stretch things another week as I have a family business trip to Mass in the very near future. Wanted to get the trip done before June!!! Cant wait to get it wet again, but Ill have to watch things pretty closely this summer as water levels are loooow, and Finos (other than Berts Arnesen Fino) draw quite a bit of water.......Bill S

[Itching to get my Fino in the water for summer, but have to stretch things another week as I have a family business trip to Mass in the very near future. Wanted to get the trip done before June!!! Cant wait to get it wet again, but Ill have to watch things pretty closely this summer as water levels are loooow, and Finos (other than Berts Arnesen Fino) draw quite a bit of water.......Bill S ]

Bill I will bring all my power boats over & we can have are own boat show in your driveway, because if the water does not come up mine will be trailer queens this summer.

Thread Information