Thread: sweet old barber chair

sweet old barber chair

Don't know why I bought it...maybe I thought it was a lot of chair (probably 200 pounds!) for the money. It's missing the headrest, and the footrest is busted and gone, but the hydraulics work fine and the upholstery is good.

Anybody know where I might find parts?

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

I have no idea, but I'd bet good money that somewhere on-line there's a website dedicated to old barber chairs and the men who love them....
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

wire it for 600 volt?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Cool Tony - nothing says 1950's better than avocado! You could watch hockey games in it.

How much did they want for the pachinko machine or the Wilson Jack Kramer?

I like it.

I think Zelatore's got it right. Found a lot with a google or two. For starters: http://beechergroup.proboards.com/in...?board=general

As an aside, I'm VERY familiar with that Pachinko layout, and have done some tinkering on the back of it to keep it running properly. (And I routinely lost to a guy with a Jack Kramer Autograph, back in my teenage years.)

By the way, one of my searches turned THIS up. You may really be onto something with the new toy.

"I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Good one, Ghost. If I was that guy I'd be grinning, too!
    I've actually got a post up on the board you linked, but my pics are not showing up for some reason.

I'll check out the Pachinka game next time I am up north...

1996 22' Classic
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Tony...you aint gonna believe this....I have the exact one! And everything is there! It needs restoration but its all there. I might be willing to sell the whole thing....Its a heavy basterd...your right!

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

What a hoot...I'm getting more response here than I did on the "Antique Barber Chair" forum! And to think that I posted here, in what I thought was an obscure forum, just to get the pics on the 'net so I could link them in the ABC forum. There, I feel better for getting that off my chest.

Scott, what a crazy-a$$ed coincidence that you have the same chair. I would love a picture if it isn't too much trouble. I found a place in Cleveland that seems knowledgeable and has parts, so hopefully I can replace what is missing for a reasonable price. Except that the footrest is broken right off, and is missing, so that may be quite a component to replicate.

I'd be interested in yours, but I could not imagine shipping a thing like this. The guy in Cleveland says most of them weigh between 300 and 400 pounds! So the 200 lb. estimate in my first post was a little light...

1996 22' Classic
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Tony,
    I will take some pictures of it tomorrow if I can. I should be home later in the day to get out to the shed. I think your right...Its 300-400lbs. I know it almost killed me and a friend a few times. I moved this thing about 5 times....lol.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

Tony, you have to get a leather strap for hanging on the side of the chair.

It was used for "honing" the edge of the straight razor before the barber shaved his customer.

In mine and my brothers case, it was used instead of my Father's belt.

Who makes the chair, KOKEN?

Ken

Ken, I remember the leather "strop" from watching westerns.
    I also saw and loved "Sweeney Todd; The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"!

http://www.classicshaving.com/articl...90351/4057.htm

We didn't go to the barber very often, with 5 brothers my mom did haircuts herself.
    But my dad was known to use one of his own belts from time to time...

I think it is a "Theo Kochs" chair, which used to be "Paider".
    I'll know more when I hear back from my expert in Cleveland, at Lisko Enterprises.

1996 22' Classic
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Barber's chair

Hey Tony,

You ain't gonna believe this.... not only do we have identical 22's, but I also have a barber's chair. Mine has the strop AND an ashtray. Mine is a 'Belmont' and is complete. Looks very similar to yours only black. It's been in my basement since I moved here in 1986. Not sure how to attach a picture here, so I'll send it to your email address.

Regards, Dave

The boat still isn't in the water- maybe this weekend if it warms up.

Skiboat observers chair

Might make a great skiboat observers chair facing aft in my 24' 454 Cu In American Skier Eagle IB.

Thread Information