Thread: Donzi Hornet 21

Donzi Hornet 21

Hello
    My name is Stefan, I live in Stockholm Sweden. I'm about to buy and import a Hornet 21 (1983)from Florida. The object I'm importing is with 2 chairs in the front ( no benchseat) but I'm not sure if it have been rebuilt.
    Where can I find pictures or maybe a catalogue of the model?
    I'm very interested in the history about the model and would like to know more.
    Could you please advice?

Thank you very much in advance.

P.s I'm also a proud owner of another Aronow boat, the Formula 233
    Last edited by Rahmqvist; 02-17-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: More facts about the object

the Hornet 21 footer is called a hornet III it is not the same has the 21GT they are 2 different models. does this boat have a HIN stamped into the transom
    the original hornets when Don was involved in Donzi were 19 foot boats and came a single bench seat later after he left they came with a 2+3 seating configuration, in 72-73 ish they were called hornet II and were called a 20 footer basically the same boat( due to a regulation by the USCG that 19 foot boats and under needed floatation foam) but no more single benchseat, they came with a walkthru benchseat up front and a rear benchseat, then came the hornetIII strtched a little to 21 feet and the same seating arrangement
    the HIN will tell you alot about the boat
    remeber Don left Donzi in 65-66 ish to start Magnum Marine so the hornetII and HornetIII are reworks of the original design by wynn and walters

first a benchseat hornet
    then a hornet II and a Hornet III and then a 21gt

When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Last Hornet's were made in 1976. After that came Hornet II's.

Fellow Hornet owner

Congrats Stefan on your future purchase. I restored a Hornet II. I took out the bench seat in favor of a two seat configuration. If you have any questions email me at Gatorone30@hotmail.com. Cheers

Thread Information