Thread: 1999 Donzi 18 Classic

1999 Donzi 18 Classic

300HP 350 mag. MPI, Alpha I gen. II, 25P Mirage Plus prop (blueprinted), New Bennett dual ram trim tabs w/euro rocker late’06, Gaffrig (Livorsi) gauges, dual batteries last year, Clarion stereo & speakers w/ cd & iPod jack (new in late ’08), 2 cockpit covers, 2 mooring covers, Eagle custom E18-35B trailer (‘07) painted to match the boat. Fresh water only, always inside during season and heated in winter. Roughly 120 hours. You will not find a better ’99. The reason for the sale is that I simply have too many boats. This one is my baby, and it is completely turn-key. It’s a head turner. More photos and specific details are available on request. $23500.00. E-mail me @ currentaffair@ameritech.net with a phone number and we can talk. Please include Donzi in the subject line.
    You can also call me @ 708-878-8443.
    Last edited by currentaffair; 04-22-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added a phone number

I added a phone # if that's better for some. If I can't answer at the time I will return calls as soon as possible.
    Thanks for looking.

How do you like the 25 pitch? I have a similar set up and run a 23 pitch to 5200 rpms a pig whisker under 70.

Sorry about the delay in the response as I had no access to a real computer for the last 4 days (only a smart phone). I have to embarrassingly answer your question, though. Of all the hot rod boats I have owned in the past I could give you that info hands down, but this is a boat that I treat as a little bit of a baby. I don't really ever run it hard, so I can tell you that I have seen a little over 70 on the boat speedo with just me and low fuel, but have never GPS checked it, and it was a quick run. (you know how boat speedos are). The RPM's I beleive were around 5000, but I can't honestly verify that. I'm kind of a wimp with it as it is my early morning/late evening ride. I boat on a river with a lot of traffic and skiers/boarders, etc, and my wife isn't a huge speed freak. I can tell you that at 50-55 MPH it's not even breathing hard and the mid-range acceleration is tremendous. I had the prop scanned/balanced right after I got it just because I'm anal. You must get an unbeleivable hole shot with that 23 as this one absolutely leaps onto plane with the 25. This thing handles like a WAY bigger boat than it is. They got it right without a doubt.

Bump to the top for the hopeful break in the weather!!!! I really want someone from this site to buy this boat 'cause you all know what you're looking at. It's only listed here, just like when I bought it.
    Last edited by currentaffair; 05-12-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: bump

bump

Beautiful boat and likely worth the look if anyone is interested. This economy has everyone puckered up though- even Donzi. Heck that price may even get you a couple of GM cars soon! Tough times - they are here again. Best of luck with the sale.
    RKILBY
    25th Anniversary
    1988 22 Classic
    1966 16' Ski Sporter

Roger that on the new cars...I'm taking a deposit on the boat as we speak and it sounds like it will be cared for the way I did. Sure do love that boat. There is a little time lapse due to distance and schedules, but when he sees it I'm positive he will fall in love with it. You are definately right about the pucker factor, but still had a lot of inquiries.

My boat has sold...due to some logistics it took a while for the sale to go thru, but it has found a great home I feel in Virginia, and the new owner will take as great of care of it as I did. I willl miss it and thank you everyone on this site for the support and info that I have received over the years. I found it here and sold it here with this being the only place it was advertised both times. I also wanted Jeff in Texas to know as promised I would post the sale when it was complete. Funny, Jeff that the new owner is a big time Harley guy, too.
    Thanks again everyone,
    Mark

Thread Information