Thread: 1999 Donzi 18 Classic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1999 Donzi 18 Classic

300HP 350 mag. MPI, Alpha I gen. II, 25P Mirage Plus prop (blueprinted), New Bennett dual ram trim tabs w/euro rocker late’06, Gaffrig (Livorsi) gauges, dual batteries last year, Clarion stereo & speakers w/ cd & iPod jack (new in late ’08), 2 cockpit covers, 2 mooring covers, Eagle custom E18-35B trailer (‘07) painted to match the boat. Fresh water only, always inside during season and heated in winter. Roughly 120 hours. You will not find a better ’99. The reason for the sale is that I simply have too many boats. This one is my baby, and it is completely turn-key. It’s a head turner. More photos and specific details are available on request. $23500.00. E-mail me @ currentaffair@ameritech.net with a phone number and we can talk. Please include Donzi in the subject line.
    You can also call me @ 708-878-8443.
    Last edited by currentaffair; 04-22-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added a phone number

I added a phone # if that's better for some. If I can't answer at the time I will return calls as soon as possible.
    Thanks for looking.

How do you like the 25 pitch? I have a similar set up and run a 23 pitch to 5200 rpms a pig whisker under 70.

Sorry about the delay in the response as I had no access to a real computer for the last 4 days (only a smart phone). I have to embarrassingly answer your question, though. Of all the hot rod boats I have owned in the past I could give you that info hands down, but this is a boat that I treat as a little bit of a baby. I don't really ever run it hard, so I can tell you that I have seen a little over 70 on the boat speedo with just me and low fuel, but have never GPS checked it, and it was a quick run. (you know how boat speedos are). The RPM's I beleive were around 5000, but I can't honestly verify that. I'm kind of a wimp with it as it is my early morning/late evening ride. I boat on a river with a lot of traffic and skiers/boarders, etc, and my wife isn't a huge speed freak. I can tell you that at 50-55 MPH it's not even breathing hard and the mid-range acceleration is tremendous. I had the prop scanned/balanced right after I got it just because I'm anal. You must get an unbeleivable hole shot with that 23 as this one absolutely leaps onto plane with the 25. This thing handles like a WAY bigger boat than it is. They got it right without a doubt.

Bump to the top for the hopeful break in the weather!!!! I really want someone from this site to buy this boat 'cause you all know what you're looking at. It's only listed here, just like when I bought it.
    Last edited by currentaffair; 05-12-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: bump

bump

Beautiful boat and likely worth the look if anyone is interested. This economy has everyone puckered up though- even Donzi. Heck that price may even get you a couple of GM cars soon! Tough times - they are here again. Best of luck with the sale.
    RKILBY
    25th Anniversary
    1988 22 Classic
    1966 16' Ski Sporter

My boat has sold...due to some logistics it took a while for the sale to go thru, but it has found a great home I feel in Virginia, and the new owner will take as great of care of it as I did. I willl miss it and thank you everyone on this site for the support and info that I have received over the years. I found it here and sold it here with this being the only place it was advertised both times. I also wanted Jeff in Texas to know as promised I would post the sale when it was complete. Funny, Jeff that the new owner is a big time Harley guy, too.
    Thanks again everyone,
    Mark

Thread Information