Thread: 2003 Porsche Boxster (convertible)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2003 Porsche Boxster (convertible)

Asking $17.5 k. Don't really want to see her go, but I think a pickup may be a good thing for me right now and I see some deals I think would make sense, but I'd have to move fast. Else I may just keep her.

Anyhow, here's a description. I will happily grab some pictures if anyone is seriously interested. I did some digging and I think $17.5k is a fair price, especially with the extra set of Porsche wheels with snows.

Black, black standard leather interior, black top. Always garaged.

65,000 and a few miles. Just had 60k maintainence about 2k ago. Will need pads and rotors pretty soon which ain't cheap, but you should be good for quite a ways after that.

Goodyear 18 inch F1 GS-D3 High Perf tires. I think they have about 20k-25k miles on them, depending on what's on the snows. Between the snows and the summer tires, it should be about 30k miles total.

options: Power driver's seat, Porsche Stability Mgmt system, 18 inch Carrera 5-spoke wheels (the ones that really look right, very few Boxsters have them, they were a 3k option), heated seats, CD shelf center console, digital hi-fi sound (whatever that amounts to--it has a single CD player and AM/FM), and whoopee--floor mats. Original MSRP was $48,900 with the options. I believe the history to be perfectly clean. I bought the car in '04 with only 4500 miles and CarFAX said it was fine. Only two repairs since I bought it--replaced a water pump bearing and a power window motor.

If you're looking at Boxsters, it's worth noting that 2003 is the first year they ditched the plastic rear window and put in real glass with a defroster. I wouldn't touch a 2002 or earlier for that reason--I waited for the '03s just for that.

Also includes a set of 16" real Porsche wheels, with Pirelli performance snows with maybe 10k miles on them, and two barely used $600 black custom real sheepskin seat covers. (One never, one about a week until my commute suddenly changed and I didn't really have as much want to use them. The fit is tight--I think I would take a barber's trimmer to the edges to knock down the pile between the seat and center console.)
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Not my car but these are the wheels I mean

"I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Nice car - I bought the wife a 2000 back in the bull market and decided not to sell after seeing what it would bring.

You may have the best luck selling it late Spring early Summer to somebody who wants to take advantage of weather.

Good Luck.

Does the '03 have the small cheese cutter vent on the side or the larger one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Does the '03 have the small cheese cutter vent on the side or the larger one ?
    The '03 is like the picture above and mine below. 2005 is when they got the longer vent, aka 987 vs. 986.
    Cogito Ergo Zoom!
    I Think, therefore I go fast

You said you were going to do it and here it is.
    I rode in it once. The car is perfect. I felt under dressed.
    Also for some reason I kept thinking "martini, shaken not stirred" but I thought that was because we were on our way to go for a ride in the Nova.

Hey G, Want to trade a 2003 Chevy van for it?
    It's got a tow hitch, a stereo that can make the headlights (and your I.Q.) dim and a one of a kind 4 piece windshield.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Thread Information