Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 502 Swamp Rat

502 Swamp Rat

Here is my 502. They are doing some cleaning up and putting my IMCO valve covers and oil pan on now but I thought that I would post the dyno video for those not following my 25 ZX thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Keith, those are big numbers. Is he done with the tune? I Thought on Blown motors the full throttle A/F Ratio should be below 12.0. (I'm not a tuner, and don't claim to be) On all the preformance automotive sites I go to and in Books I have the Blown target (full load) A/F is 11.8-11.5, the 12's your getting seem to be N/A numbers Not FI. If Mark is happy with it and it'll live then it will be a crispier running motor,but I thought it was a bit lean. Hedge or Tex....What do you guys get for A/F #'s????????
    WTF, Over.....WTF, 10-4.....

Thanks Michael. I haven't talked to him but I am sure that he has it where he wants it. I have never heard a bad word about his engines living. With that being said ....DWM has put this engine through hell already. I think it also may depend on charge air temps. I think on a roots blower that you may be right about the 11:1 thing. I will talk to him tomorrow and get his take on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work. That thing pulls especially hard from 4300-5300.

EDIT: graph fixed
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by cutwater View Post
    Nice work. That thing pulls especially hard from 4300-5300.
    Thanks Cutwater!! That graph is great!! I think the HP and Torque are reversed though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BlownCrewCab View Post
    Wow Keith, those are big numbers. Is he done with the tune? I Thought on Blown motors the full throttle A/F Ratio should be below 12.0. (I'm not a tuner, and don't claim to be) On all the preformance automotive sites I go to and in Books I have the Blown target (full load) A/F is 11.8-11.5, the 12's your getting seem to be N/A numbers Not FI. If Mark is happy with it and it'll live then it will be a crispier running motor,but I thought it was a bit lean. Hedge or Tex....What do you guys get for A/F #'s????????
    I would have to pull my dyno sheets and am on the road. I will do it when I get back. Eddie ran mine about 0.5 to the lean side since we did not use wet pipes.

I am in the same boat as Keith and Tex on the final number. Eddie warranteed my engine so I did whatever he said. Eddie builds some of the biggest / most reliable marine packages around and has never had one melt down. He says that Marc is one of the best tuners in the country so that is all I need to know.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Thanks Cutwater!! That graph is great!! I think the HP and Torque are reversed though.
    Arrgh... You're right, fixed it.
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

Here are some picture from today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that you should get a custom decal made up that says SWAMP RAT 502!

I don't even want to tell you how much power the engine made after they found out that the engine had the wrong dipstick and dip stick tube and they drained the oil to do an oil change before they put the motor back in the boat and found that the engine had 5 gallons of oil in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They had to do some modifications to my Procharger screen also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedgehog View Post
    I think that you should get a custom decal made up that says SWAMP RAT 502!

Tell me how big and what color and I'll hook him up.....I have a Vinyl Plotter in the back Den. I have the Basic colors, Red, Black, White, Blue, Orange, Chrome, Gold, and probably others.. I'll Hook Keith up No Problem...
    WTF, Over.....WTF, 10-4.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlownCrewCab View Post
    Tell me how big and what color and I'll hook him up.....I have a Vinyl Plotter in the back Den. I have the Basic colors, Red, Black, White, Blue, Orange, Chrome, Gold, and probably others.. I'll Hook Keith up No Problem...
    You have to do this Keith!

How about a big DONZI for the ole hatch ram. I would want one of those!

OK..I need a big RAT with a crazy grin on his face or something. Or maybe a big sack hanging. I think SWAMP RAT 850 SCI sounds better. I will have to get the top of the 500 efi intake measured. I wish that I would have done it today!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If the rat doesn't work out we can get a big close up of Cal-Man..Maybe dress him up like Emeril saying --BAM!!!!!...850 swamp rat roux!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information