Thread: 1995 Sweet 16...not mine

1995 Sweet 16...not mine

Noticed this one on ebay while clicking around. Looks like a good one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...rQ5fMotorboats
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Ive been looking at buying a sweet 16 for next season. Ive been in love with these since I was a teenager, but never owned one. I plan on buying one second hand. I have restored some wooden boats and am getting away from that. One question (or observation) I have for some of you guys is the exhaust. It seems to me that the V6/4.3 boats dont have thru hull exhaust but the v8's do. Where does the exhaust come out on a v6 (this one in particular)? --- Im assuming the outdrive....Is there a thread I can be directed too discussing this?

On this unit it is a normal I/O exhaust, which is thru the outdrive. I had a 1996 V-6 with thru haul exhaust. It may have not been an option in 1995, but I doubt that.

There is a thread running around here somewhere (probably in the performance talk section) about the difference in a V6 vs. V8 with thru-hull. If I remember correctly, a V6 with thru-hull doesn't sound quite as cool as a V8, but still has a nice rumble to it. I don't recall any problems with performance with the outdrive exhaust. Personally I think this would be a good buy considering the condition and fuel economy you'll get out of it. Just my two cents. Good luck if you're bidding!
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information