Thread: Critical Security Patch.

Red face Critical Security Patch.

Microsoft typically releases their security patches once per month. Yesterday at about 1pm, they released an out of cycle patch. They only do that when it's a doozie. MS08-67 patches a vulnerability which can allow a worm to be placed on a computer. Just about every windows box is open to this type of attack. This wormable trait is why msft is on top of this one so quickly. Some may recall the Sql Slammer virus. That's the last worm that really infiltrated MSFT's OS. I've been up most of the night coordinating patching activity on my company's 70,000 or so workstations and servers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS08-067.mspx
    There are already at least 2 viruses written to exploit this hole.
    This would be a good patch to get on your computer immediately.
    MAC guys.....stop laughing.
    Got Criterion?

Quote Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
    Microsoft typically releases their security patches once per month. Yesterday at about 1pm, they released an out of cycle patch. They only do that when it's a doozie. MS08-67 patches a vulnerability which can allow a worm to be placed on a computer. Just about every windows box is open to this type of attack. This wormable trait is why msft is on top of this one so quickly. Some may recall the Sql Slammer virus. That's the last worm that really infiltrated MSFT's OS. I've been up most of the night coordinating patching activity on my company's 70,000 or so workstations and servers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS08-067.mspx
    There are already at least 2 viruses written to exploit this hole.
    This would be a good patch to get on your computer immediately.
    MAC guys.....stop laughing.
    FOR Non Techies: This was taken care of for XP SP2 by (KB958644) Via Windows Update on 24 October,2008 by a single notice. Check "Add/Remove"/Check the Show Updates box at the top, and see if you have it.
    Avatar: RELIANCE (1903) The Largest single masted sailing yacht ever built (Until 2004)...with over 16,000 square feet of sail. Successful Americas Cup Defender.

Good advice McGary. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get busy.

Oh and yes it was an unusual advice from M$. However I bet the Poodle can't run SQL Server on his Mac.

Da Taz
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

Thread Information