Hey guys, I selling off the speed parts off my 91 185 Searay and this is the next item. http://www.speedwake.com/newclassifi...uct=1227&cat=5 Picture are at Speedwake.

$3500, Alpha SS drive in great running condition. I don't have to explain ho hard it is to find these. 1.5:1 final gear ratio.

Removed from my 185 Searay because I am selling boat and putting back to stock. Drive needs nothing except for paint (which I am going to do). I sanded the skeg down to test theory of faster with no paint. Upshot is you can see the skeg has never been replaced. Upper gear set was replace a couple years ago, inspected a couple of weeks ago and still look new. Bottom was inspected when the gears were replaced and everything was OK. Used Mobil 1 until this year, then switched to Amsoil GL. Never found any water in lube. Had a drive shower but is not included in this sale. Water pump was replaced before Labor Day and has been run twice.

I had this drive mounted on a Alpha Gen 2 ('91-up) gimble, so if you have a newer boat and want to be able to take advantage of this performance drive I will swap out my modified trim rams (to get correct trim range) and bell housing with necessary shift shaft for your existing standard units straight up. Very top of the CLE has a shallow relief for the trim cross pin. Will still bolt up directly to any gen 1 gimble.

This drive increased my speed from 69mph to 75mph (also need to increase pitch due to RPM increase). Greatly improved the stability at top speed, and acceleration from 50 up was amazing. Am going to miss the boat going into the future and this drive added a lot of fun to it.

I also have a spare lower vertical shaft that I will include as soon as I dig it out of the garage. Don’t know what that it worth today, but you cannot get it anymore and if you were to break it you would be SOL. l also throw it the $70 hose flushing attachment. Any other question, feel free to ask.