Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing between rocks

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Marshall,
    I will probably try to sell the two BBC exhaust systems as complete sets before breaking them up into component parts. They came off a 46' Nortech with twin 1075HP engines, but the owner is changing the power to twin 1600HPs with Stellings. These are the IMCO PowerFlow Plus systems made for big power and are the polished aluminum systems. I polished up one set and they look great - . The ss tailpipes are two slightly different lengths so they come out the transom the same length since BBCs are staggered heads - they are about 4' long tailpipes. I will probably have to advertise them in Offshore Only whenever I make up my mind about what I want to do with them, but I will keep you in mind for the CMIs. In this picture, the tailpipes are not bolted to the risers and I only slipped the CMIs on to the tailpipes. Bill

So bill per our emails,I asked if your neighbor or if you were going to use the cmi split tubes of if he had any more with the taller riser and you said

Subject: CMI exhaust
    To: mrfixxall@sbcglobal.net
    Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 11:43 AM

Mike,
    I checked with Derebery yesterday and they did not have any more tall split tube headers. They do have two complete sets of IMCO power flow BBC exhausts with long ss tube tailpipes that they just took off a large cat boat with twin 1075s which is going to twin 1600HP engines. Daniel is supposed to get back with me about the price if you are interested. Bill

So i left the card's in your hands.. I guess i thought you were going to pass his phone number to me so i could work out a deal,kinda like i set you up with a set of prop's i found for your cigarette but instead you bought the exhaust from your neighbor..

I guess i will either buy new emi's or start looking for some other type of header that will fit my boat..i guess its all about makeing that extra buck..

Good luck with the sale

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    So bill per our emails,I asked if your neighbor or if you were going to use the cmi split tubes of if he had any more with the taller riser and you said

Subject: CMI exhaust
    To: mrfixxall@sbcglobal.net
    Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 11:43 AM

Mike,
    I checked with Derebery yesterday and they did not have any more tall split tube headers. They do have two complete sets of IMCO power flow BBC exhausts with long ss tube tailpipes that they just took off a large cat boat with twin 1075s which is going to twin 1600HP engines. Daniel is supposed to get back with me about the price if you are interested. Bill

So i left the card's in your hands.. I guess i thought you were going to pass his phone number to me so i could work out a deal,kinda like i set you up with a set of prop's i found for your cigarette but instead you bought the exhaust from your neighbor..

I guess i will either buy new emi's or start looking for some other type of header that will fit my boat..i guess its all about makeing that extra buck..

Good luck with the sale
    Hey Mike,
    Chill. It would have been better to have called me about what is going on instead of making assumptions if not accusations on the Donzi board here. I would have passed along the deal to you if I didn't want them - just like I passed along a complete Bravo setup for another member here. I checked with Daniel about the CMIs for you and that is when he showed me the IMCOs. When good deals are there, I usually jump on them. This gave me the choice of what type of BBC exhaust systems I wanted for quite a few project boats. The reason I did not get back with you about a price on these IMCOs is that I might not even be selling them. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    Sounds good - wish I got the chance to run one for a while. Today would have been great. I ended up getting the IMCO Powerflow exhaust systems today with the 85 degree risers - they included the switchable CMI Marine tips and long ss tubes as part of the deal. I will polish them up and see if I can sell them at some point - they are in great condition. Glad to hear you had a fun day boating. Bill
    Hey Mike,
    Chill. It would have been better to have called me about what is going on instead of making assumptions if not accusations on the Donzi board here. I would have passed along the deal to you if I didn't want them - just like I passed along a complete Bravo setup for another member here. I checked with Daniel about the CMIs for you and that is when he showed me the IMCOs. When good deals are there, I usually jump on them. This gave me the choice of what type of BBC exhaust systems I wanted for quite a few project boats. The reason I did not get back with you about a price on these IMCOs is that I might not even be selling them. Bill

What ever!! read this post!

Sorry donzi.net for bringing it up!!

Sorry i forgot,it has to be a secret via private emails............

over and out!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    Hey Mike,

What ever!! read this post!

Sorry donzi.net for bringing it up!!

Sorry i forgot,it has to be a secret via private emails............

over and out!!
    Mike,
    Have you totally lost it? No secret emails or anything else here. You talk like I somehow cut you out of a deal that you had going - that is not at all how this transpired. I bought the IMCOs when Daniel shot me a price - thinking that I might be able to make them work for one of my projects or that I could always sell them later. I have not tried to sell those IMCOs yet - in fact I only mentioned possibly selling them "at some point" in the future. If I decide to sell them, you might see them in the parts for sale here or somewhere else. Since you have chosen to deride me, you can be sure that I will not sell them to you after you left me hanging on the Volvo Penta speedmaster drives for a year after telling me you wanted to buy them (via numerous PMs and emails and phone conversations) - remember that? I would never have brought up the fact that you had one excuse after another or that you never followed through after committing to buy them, but you need to look in a mirror before jumping on me for not selling something I never put up for sale.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled program - lol. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

No! Bill i haven't lost it,yes their were many excuses i gave you but you knew the circumstances i was under after being injured on a snowmobile and having by buddy killed the same weekend..I just wasn't going to spend the money on the drives when i can't work to make up for it..
    So i said for you to find another buyer and you put them up for sale then decided to keep them for spares for your 18..

It's all good here bill, i'm over and done with it.....

Hi Bill
    I seem to recall somewhere in this thread that you mentioned your magnum had a slight dip in the deck. What did you do to fix that? I am now on my magnum and need to figure out how to get rid of a little dip between two bulkheads
    Thanks
    Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Hi Bill
    I seem to recall somewhere in this thread that you mentioned your magnum had a slight dip in the deck. What did you do to fix that? I am now on my magnum and need to figure out how to get rid of a little dip between two bulkheads
    Thanks
    Parnell
    Parnell,
    You are correct. Mine has a slight dip in the longest span between bulkheads which is over the cabin area. Right now, I have left a 3'x3'x 3/4" piece of plywood against the deck with a 2x4 underneath stretching longitudinally which I have propped up by a bottle jack from the center of the cabin floor over the center keel stringer to help form it back to the right height. I left it jacked a little too high to let it stretch back. I will eventually add a longitudinal custom cut piece of 3/4" plywood stretching between the cockpit bulkhead and the forward cabin bulkhead under the center of the deck which I will glass into place while a bottle jack pushes up the support piece against the deck from underneath. This piece will be mounted vertically and will probably be about 4" to add the strength I think is needed with the glass. I will then add 2 crossmember pieces from the center support to the outer edges of the deck. These will be a little more tricky with the slight curves of the deck and I am thinking I will taper them down from the 4" where they meet the center logitudinal support to something like 1" at the edges of the deck. Basically, I will have a cross under the deck of the cabin when completed which I will then finish out by rounding the bottoms of the plywood and either painting or gelcoating. Make sense? Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill,
    what accounted for the "dip" to the deck?......i.e, de-lamination or possibly a missing bulkhead???
    P,
    The former owner of your "Maggie" when I inquired did say there was a slight wave or dip to the deck,
    wondering how commom this could be. Also, sounds like your itching to start and get things straightened out.
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

My 68 Magnum 27 has the same dip . . mostly because one of the previous owners removed the first bulkhead in from the cabin door, right at the front of the fuel tanks.
    I have since replaced this with double laminated 3/4" plywood and left a large opening to allow for access forward. I'll also add a double laminated piece from this forwad to the next bulkhead to stiffen the deck.
    My stanchions from the center rail were not all mounted near bulkheads, and I suspect that caused some of the sag. Seems that the location of the stanchions varied from boat to boat.

Mario L.
    68 Magnum 27
    69 Donzi Corsican

FWIW, my starfire is a little different from the sports I guess. No sag in the deck over the cabin but it will flex in that area if you walk on it. I hve 2 front bulkheads, first at the front of the cabin, the second is 30-36" foward. What I found interesting is there is no center stringer between these bulkheads and mine has a 42 gal tank there. Foward of the front bulkhead there is a center stringer again with small 18gal tanks port and stb. My boat is totally orig if you guys want any measurements/info etc.

Marshall

What do you think of running 2 relief cuts with a circular saw in the middle of the dip, on each side of the boat, running from port to starboard? My idea was to run a couple relief cuts, jack the fiberglass into position and then grind down on the top side creating a wide trough (essentially a big v) and then fiberglassing it. The relief cuts at that point should be wider and the extra material that you would add would serve to keep the deck from sinking again. At that point adding bracing from underneath to maintain integrity and prevent it from happening again. What are your thoughts/opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Bill,
    what accounted for the "dip" to the deck?......i.e, de-lamination or possibly a missing bulkhead???
    P,
    The former owner of your "Maggie" when I inquired did say there was a slight wave or dip to the deck,
    wondering how commom this could be. Also, sounds like your itching to start and get things straightened out.
    In my case, the deck was weak from having a hatch that was removed - thus exposing it to the elements. I had to recore a large portion of the deck, but it is still not stout enough over the cabin - it flexes when I walk on it. I will add the supports under it when I find the time.
    Scippy, did you talk to the man in Wisconsin that I bought my Magnum from? He had it on ebay. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Tango II View Post
    What do you think of running 2 relief cuts with a circular saw in the middle of the dip, on each side of the boat, running from port to starboard? My idea was to run a couple relief cuts, jack the fiberglass into position and then grind down on the top side creating a wide trough (essentially a big v) and then fiberglassing it. The relief cuts at that point should be wider and the extra material that you would add would serve to keep the deck from sinking again. At that point adding bracing from underneath to maintain integrity and prevent it from happening again. What are your thoughts/opinions?
    I would think that just adding the additional supports from underneath after getting the contour right by jacking the supports to the correct levels and then glassing in the supports would probably do the trick. A more ambitious man would remove the deck, flip it to bottom side up, build a frame for it, and recore it from the bottom side. Far too much work for me though - Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

My deck was easily jacked up and returned to it's "as designed" position.
    I did this with a small scissors screw jack supported to the center keel rib.

Mario L.

68 Magnum 27
    69 Donzi Corsican

Mario
    What did you do to it after jacking it back in place?
    Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Thread Information