Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing between rocks

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    Bill , i do not think that will be to much engine and the reason being is i was just looking at the old double vision add's which just got sold to some people in New Zeeland who are going to campaign the boat there and when that boat was for sale here in Mich the motor was a 540 with a number #3 speedmaster and the dyno was 700 hp & according to the previous owner it ran 80 with light fuel and 75 all day long . Bill with that in mind i think you will be just fine and i thought these just might be of some interest . http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=9095
    From what I have heard so far, 650HP should get the boat running over 80MPH, but this engine should add some additional speed if I can figure out what drive to use now.

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    NICE Bill, sounds sweet. You are gonna need a serious drive. Can't wait to see some update pics.
    This engine just about rules out the Bravo III drive, so I might resort to the #2 TRS speedmaster except that I don't really want to install a tranny with its additional length or it will be cramped against the back seat. Still looking around at this point. I would have taken some pictures today after Daniel brought it over with a forklift on a pallet, but I got tied up with friends and customers all afternoon. More later.

Quote Originally Posted by superhatz View Post
    I've still got that ITS set-up Bill.....
    Thanks, Aaron. I don't know what drive I will be using now that I went with this engine. Daniel didn't even think my Gil Offshore exhaust system would be a good choice with this much engine. I might have gone off the deep end with the power. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Bill , Just curious wet or dry exhaust .

Bill , Just curious wet or dry exhaust .
    Art,
    I'm not sure until I do some more research as to the exhaust or drive.
    Here are some engine pictures. Daniel will be bringing me the entire list of parts used along with the dyno sheet. I forgot until today that it has aluminum Brodix heads along with the other parts I mentioned. He even included a very nice thick plated aluminum flame arrestor and starter. As mentioned it also includes a custom graphic set of aluminum valve covers with the graphics of my choice. Quite a good deal!! Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill, I would think Hyd. steering would be in order now.
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Bill, I would think Hyd. steering would be in order now.
    Unfortunately, I am thinking the same thing. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Hey guys , has anybody ever checked out this site www.magnumboatrestoration.com and if you get a monment check out the 29.9 mag , which is going to make a very nice boat for someone .

Bill, looks great. I don't think you want Gil exaust either. My mechanic said they would be iffy on my 540 and you have more ci and you want to get the most out of the brodix heads. You might need a #3 drive too, imo. Keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by superhatz View Post
    I've still got that ITS set-up Bill.....
    Hatz Do you have an xr with an its for sale?
    Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Bill I have a nice set of stelling headers that I found won't work on my 21 cause they are for a speedmaster setup and I am now going bravo. Fit this motor perfect if you decide to go that way. Nice motor!
    Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Hatz Do you have an xr with an its for sale?
    Parnell
    Nope...just the transom assy....and the K-planes....
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Hey guys , has anybody ever checked out this site www.magnumboatrestoration.com and if you get a monment check out the 29.9 mag , which is going to make a very nice boat for someone .
    Yes, that would restore into a sweet boat for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    Bill, looks great. I don't think you want Gil exaust either. My mechanic said they would be iffy on my 540 and you have more ci and you want to get the most out of the brodix heads. You might need a #3 drive too, imo. Keep it coming.
    It gets expensive fast when you go with big power, doesn't it? I just could not turn down the most powerful motor I have ever bought for this restoration. I knew I would never be happy with anything less than 550HP.

Bill I have a nice set of stelling headers that I found won't work on my 21 cause they are for a speedmaster setup and I am now going bravo. Fit this motor perfect if you decide to go that way. Nice motor!
    Parnell
    Parnell,
    Could you send me an email with pictures and a price in case I might go that way? By the way, do you know what Stellings means by yellow or green headers? Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post

Parnell,
    Could you send me an email with pictures and a price in case I might go that way? By the way, do you know what Stellings means by yellow or green headers? Bill

Bill I will get a pic of them this week and post it They are still attached to the motor I bought for my 21 I was fitting them to see where the exhaust would go but since I changed my mind a month ago and got rid of the #5 I don't have enough space behind the motor with a bravo drive. It would have exited out the run rail and that blew my whole stock looking thing. They are swept back for a speedmaster as I said. The colors represent the different angles of the headers coming out of the heads. Forward, backward, ect I can get that code for you also. I think there are more than 2 colors. I had to buy different stellings for a bravo setup and then a s pipe tailpipe to go out below the waterline the same as my 16. I do have some tail pipes that would work also seperatley regardless of what you do with the headers. Since I'm going twin small blocks on my magnum I now have some bbc exhaust stuff I can't use.
    Parnell

Bill I will get a pic of them this week and post it They are still attached to the motor I bought for my 21 I was fitting them to see where the exhaust would go but since I changed my mind a month ago and got rid of the #5 I don't have enough space behind the motor with a bravo drive. It would have exited out the run rail and that blew my whole stock looking thing. They are swept back for a speedmaster as I said. The colors represent the different angles of the headers coming out of the heads. Forward, backward, ect I can get that code for you also. I think there are more than 2 colors. I had to buy different stellings for a bravo setup and then a s pipe tailpipe to go out below the waterline the same as my 16. I do have some tail pipes that would work also seperatley regardless of what you do with the headers. Since I'm going twin small blocks on my magnum I now have some bbc exhaust stuff I can't use.
    Parnell
    Parnell,
    I will look forward to seeing what you have. No big hurry on my end though. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill
    Sent you a pm Here are the pics
    Parnell

Bill