Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing between rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Bill

The compass cutout and metal round container, for lack of a better word is mounted flush on the deck in front of the captains side fairing I have all the hardware except the compass itself Not sure if a regular compass will fit or what I have to start looking for. I was referring to the metal poles down the center, lifelines as you call them. I suppose I can have a set custom made, just wondered if they were custom made and if anyone had any.
    I have two fuel tanks under the floor forward of the 1st bulkhead and then they put two more in front of the next bulkhead and then tore them out Graciously they left me the foam to remove One of my favorites ecspecially two bulkheads forward I don't think 100 gallons is enough range for me and I am going to do the same thing you are with the floor leaving me little room aft for tanks.

Mario If you could get a couple of closeups of the poles and the ends were they are connected it would be greatly helpful. Thanks
    Parnell

BTW Bill Just curious where are you going to put the floor inserts if you decide to lower yourself for a rough water blast? Did you design a way to attach them somewhere or just remove them from the boat for the day?
    I did not throw out the original lifeline stanchions that were in my boat when I got it. I have a different gameplan for this feature. You might contact Bud Weisner about where he found the replacements - budweisner65@yahoo.com
    Your plan for the extra tanks sounds good. Yep, I figured you meant the ones that were taken out had been mounted ahead of the cabin bulkhead.
    I am flattered that you think my idea with the subfloors is good. It is quite a bit of extra work, but I think they will be a great addition. The floor cutout panels will be hinged at the front of the cutout and fold forward to within an inch of the cockpit bulkhead. If they try to bounce up and down, I will devise a holddown mechanism. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Good? I think its a great idea. I am not sure how tall you are but my plan is to get them as low as possible and leave it that way since the boat does not set records for freeboard anyway. I suspect you are not sharing your new plan for the deck yet

I will give this guy a shout and see what turns up No thoughts on the compass?
    Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Good? I think its a great idea. I am not sure how tall you are but my plan is to get them as low as possible and leave it that way since the boat does not set records for freeboard anyway. I suspect you are not sharing your new plan for the deck yet

I will give this guy a shout and see what turns up No thoughts on the compass?
    Parnell
    I am 6' 2", but even a guy 6" shorter would benefit from a lower place to stand. Without the standup bolster seats, I would not drive it standing even with the lower floor level. If you are talking about making the entire floor lower, you will see that the outside stringers will limit the floor area and the bottom of the hull also restricts how low you can make it. There is also the center stinger which adds tremendous strength to the hull, and it comes up to the present floor level. I would think you can find a suitable style and size compass for the hole that was left. I will be having to totally reconstruct my console and dash, but that will be later down the road. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    I am 6' 2", but even a guy 6" shorter would benefit from a lower place to stand. Without the standup bolster seats, I would not drive it standing even with the lower floor level. If you are talking about making the entire floor lower, you will see that the outside stringers will limit the floor area and the bottom of the hull also restricts how low you can make it. There is also the center stinger which adds tremendous strength to the hull, and it comes up to the present floor level. I would think you can find a suitable style and size compass for the hole that was left. I will be having to totally reconstruct my console and dash, but that will be later down the road. Bill
    When the Anaconda Magnum was restored the whole floor was cut down 4", it looks great. The top of the stock bucket seats are about even with the top of the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    When the Anaconda Magnum was restored the whole floor was cut down 4", it looks great. The top of the stock bucket seats are about even with the top of the sides.
    The look of the seats being even with the sides must give it a much better looking profile from outside the boat and a much better seating arrangement. That 4" is not much out of the center stringer, but it would be about half of the roughly 8" of the outside stringers. Out of curiosity, were any additonal stringers added or was there plenty of strength left? Do you have any pictures? Sounds like a nice setup. Right now it looks like my front seats will need to be about 4 to 6" higher than the sides of the boat to give it a safe wrap around me for standing purposes. Thanks, Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Hey Bill,

Know you were busy with the cig, but any updates on the mag? Still looking for one myself. Snow and cold here, looking ahead to boating weather...

Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    Hey Bill,

Know you were busy with the cig, but any updates on the mag? Still looking for one myself. Snow and cold here, looking ahead to boating weather...

Marshall
    Marshall,
    No progress reports on the Magnum, but that should change soon. Keep your eyes on the other boats for sale section if you have any interest in a 28' Aero since I will be putting mine up for sale. It needs a complete restoration, but it has lots of positives going for it. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Thanks Bill, Pretty sure I want the pedigree but will certainly look at the aero when you post it. Be well, and get some sleep. - Marshall

Marshall,
    No progress reports on the Magnum, but that should change soon. Keep your eyes on the other boats for sale section if you have any interest in a 28' Aero since I will be putting mine up for sale. It needs a complete restoration, but it has lots of positives going for it. Bill
    Bill when you restor & re rig them they do clean up nice.. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    Bill when you restor & re rig them they do clean up nice.. Mark
    Mark,
    That is why I bought it, but the reality is that I will not get around to doing it. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

New engine

Well, I broke down today and agreed to buy an engine from Daniel Derebery at Derebery Marine next door to my business. He called me about an engine that he thought I would want for the Magnum restoration, and he was right. It is a complete 632CID stroked engine with 10:1 compression making over 700ft/lb of torque that likes to run around 5400RPM making right at 800HP on the dyno. It is complete from the 1050 Dominator carburetor to the oversize pan and includes a DUI distributor, forged crank, JE forged pistons, roller cam, Merlin block, big heads and valve train with girdles, and customized aluminum valve covers with whatever graphics I want to put on them. It even has an alternator and circulating pump - pretty much ready to drop in and fire. When he brings it over tomorrow, I will post a couple pictures of the beast. My fire has been rekindled now. I just hope it is not too powerful - lol. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill , i do not think that will be to much engine and the reason being is i was just looking at the old double vision add's which just got sold to some people in New Zeeland who are going to campaign the boat there and when that boat was for sale here in Mich the motor was a 540 with a number #3 speedmaster and the dyno was 700 hp & according to the previous owner it ran 80 with light fuel and 75 all day long . Bill with that in mind i think you will be just fine and i thought these just might be of some interest . http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=9095

Bll like Parn i also read every post from start to finish and have a few question's put they can wait for another day .

Well, I broke down today and agreed to buy an engine from Daniel Derebery at Derebery Marine next door to my business. He called me about an engine that he thought I would want for the Magnum restoration, and he was right. It is a complete 632CID stroked engine with 10:1 compression making over 700ft/lb of torque that likes to run around 5400RPM making right at 800HP on the dyno. It is complete from the 1050 Dominator carburetor to the oversize pan and includes a DUI distributor, forged crank, JE forged pistons, roller cam, Merlin block, big heads and valve train with girdles, and customized aluminum valve covers with whatever graphics I want to put on them. It even has an alternator and circulating pump - pretty much ready to drop in and fire. When he brings it over tomorrow, I will post a couple pictures of the beast. My fire has been rekindled now. I just hope it is not too powerful - lol. Bill
    NICE Bill, sounds sweet. You are gonna need a serious drive. Can't wait to see some update pics.

I've still got that ITS set-up Bill.....
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Thread Information