Thread: 3 Beep Alarm on 38ZX

3 Beep Alarm on 38ZX

Hello Folks:

I am new to the forum, but I am looking for some feedback/input on an issue that we had yesterday. While heading home at 3800 RPM's, we had an alarm go off....3 beeps. We stopped & checked all fluids & gauges. All fluids levels were fine and all gauges read as normal.
    We made it home....woohoo, but any idea as to what we could check next (before we have a $500 repair bill to tell us it was something simple)?
    The boat is a 2005 Donzi 38ZX with about 160 hours. We are running twin 525's.
    I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!!

Wink

Welcome Normal.... I am sure it could be a myriad of items(from a faulty sensor)...I would suggest getting your mechanic to run a scan on both Computers on the Engines and see if they scan AOK.

If they do then ...stay tuned ... I am sure the Professors of Prognastication will have lots of input here.

Could be blockage in one of the lines...coming into the Engines...but its small enough to settle out when not under a load.

Good Luck...

Doc of the Bay
    Because Life Is Better When You're Wet!!!

"Yes...I see you Tennis Champion?" .... You think you own me? Oh that's right... you do own me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Knot Normal View Post
    Hello Folks:
    I am new to the forum, but I am looking for some feedback/input on an issue that we had yesterday. While heading home at 3800 RPM's, we had an alarm go off....3 beeps. We stopped & checked all fluids & gauges. All fluids levels were fine and all gauges read as normal.
    We made it home....woohoo, but any idea as to what we could check next (before we have a $500 repair bill to tell us it was something simple)?
    The boat is a 2005 Donzi 38ZX with about 160 hours. We are running twin 525's.
    I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!!

Can you have a repair bill under $500.00 on a 38zx?

Is the boat still under merc warranty?

good luck.
    2000 28ZX Scorpion SOLD
    1979 Criterion
    1986 Z29

RED/WHITE
    TWIN SBC 330HP
    ALPHA 1'S
    Mcleod design Interior

It is difficult if not impossible sometimes to tell you anything without some data & a scanner. That said any other running info you can provide may allow me to give you a couple possibilities that may or may not be the culprit ( speed, rpms, conditions, etc when the alarm went off). Other wise there is a long list for sure of reasons that the alarm may go off.. Jamie / Lakeside

BTW, I understand about the coin these days as well as anybody, but a good tech is worth their pay, as they can at times help keep you from needing a more costly repair..

wasn't the depth gauge was it?
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by glashole View Post
    wasn't the depth gauge was it?
    Not a bad thought. If you flew over a submerged object or shallow area, it could have triggered the depth alarm momentarily if it was on.. J

Cool

38ZX? "Blender Low", alert.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Thread Information