Thread: 1988 19' 4.3L OMC Cobra Donzi Ragazza - Info?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question 1988 19' 4.3L OMC Cobra Donzi Ragazza - Info?

Greetings Everyone,

I am brand new to Donzi.net. I recently purchased my first boat which is a 1988 19' Donzi Ragazza Bowrider with a 4.3L 2 Barrel OMC Cobra stern drive. Does anyone know how I can get info or specs for this boat. According to Donzi they don't have anything due to the OMC bankruptcy - I guess records were removed for legal reasons.

Some things that would be nice to know:
    1. Horsepower
    2. Recommended RPM range
    3. Fuel capacity

Thanks a bunch.

If memory servers me correctly, the 4.3l v6 on the OMC engine was 190hp.

Not sure on the fuel capacity, my 21 held around 50 gals.

Good luck to 'ya!

Wayne
    1967 Ski Sporter Bench Seat Project Boat

Tact - The ability to make a point without making an enemy.

Here's the dope right from the 1988 Donzi Portfolio:

edit: Hard to read. Try the last 2 pics.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

For more info ask Mikev he has one
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Yours is not the stated 128HP, that was the 4 banger. You could walk faster then it ran!!! Bubbles (Mr. Sub man) has it right 190 w/ a 2 barrel and 205 w/ a 4 barrel. Enjoy!!!!

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Yep I have the same boat accept with a merc 4.3 and it came with the 2bbl carb. it has a 30 gallon fuel tank top rpm is 4800 but i run mine up to 5000 every now and then without issue 2bbl is rated for 175hp 4bbl is 205hp. i put an edelbrock 4bbl carb and intake on mine with a plastic spacer between intake and carb. with that upgrade I had to go up 2" on my prop to a 21" lab finished stainless. It runs close to 50mph with that setup and just me in it. I also have a steel cobra hydrofoil on my outdrive it made a big difference in getting it out of the hole and it lifts the stern allowing me to use more trim and it rides much smoother with it on there. I love it I get compliments on it everywere I go. It rides and runs great handles rough water better than bigger boats and much better than any other bowrider of the same size. it could handle a bunch more power and speed in my opinion just havent had the money in the last several years to stuff a nice small block in it. and with gas prices the way they are maybe thats a good thing right now. ask away on the questions i wont be on here everyday now so be patient, now that we have switched over from Cingular firewall at work to at&t firewall this site and just about every other good one is blocked from work.

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    Yours is not the stated 128HP, that was the 4 banger. You could walk faster then it ran!!! Bubbles (Mr. Sub man) has it right 190 w/ a 2 barrel and 205 w/ a 4 barrel. Enjoy!!!!

Phil
    I haven't been called bubles in a while ,......

by the way, did you ever blow bubbles?

Anyway, my 21 ran pretty good with the 4.3 (4bbl version), and ran even better with the 350,...

but in my opinion, enjoy the Ragazza for what it is, don't do what I did and spend 7k making a 60mph bow rider.

I didn't listen, and you may not, but I WISH I had put that 7k into my X-18 and had never touched the Ragazza for speed, but had left it stock.

Wayne
    1967 Ski Sporter Bench Seat Project Boat

Tact - The ability to make a point without making an enemy.

Thread Information