Thread: Which aluminum trailer for 22zx step hull?

Which aluminum trailer for 22zx step hull?

I have a 22zx with the step hull and a 19-21 load master trailer. Loadmaster says this is the right trailer for my boat but this set up has only one staggered bunk on each side and not a whole lot of support towards the front of the boat and it seems that there is too much weight on the front keel pad? Also, it appears that the bunks are widening from the weight of the boat and the brackets are slightly bent. I want a quality aluminum trailer for my boat. What kind should I get and how much will I pay?

Really if this is an aluminum trailer, all you have to do is redo your bunks. find a trailer place in your area and ge them to redo your trailer for your boat.

mrfixxall Guest

mrfixx

Quote Originally Posted by 0022zx View Post
    I have a 22zx with the step hull and a 19-21 load master trailer. Loadmaster says this is the right trailer for my boat but this set up has only one staggered bunk on each side and not a whole lot of support towards the front of the boat and it seems that there is too much weight on the front keel pad? Also, it appears that the bunks are widening from the weight of the boat and the brackets are slightly bent. I want a quality aluminum trailer for my boat. What kind should I get and how much will I pay?

Contact madpoodle,hes a dealer and will steer you in the rite direction or see if he can redo yours!

Please post a picture of your trailer. I'm curious to see how it differs from mine. I'll shoot some shots of mine this weekend in case that may help, think it is a pretty balanced setup although I rarely use it.

a 19-21 spec is about 3' too short for your hull... unless of course you don't mind 4' sticking off the back of the frame rails...
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thread Information