Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1994 Howard Custom Boats 23' Offshore.

Lars,

Very interesting and yes that is the same boat! The owner is certainly representing it as a Howard. How can you tell that it is a Crusader or did you ask him for a HIN? Funny that when I first saw the photo and then the side windows I did for a minute wonder as I had never seen Howard do that.

Don't forget to let me know if you find out anything on my 1987 Warlock. I tried to engage the owner of WPM and get some background but he did not want to be bothered short of saying that the hull was a verified factory build.

PM me your email if you would

New lower price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    original asking price, $19,495.
    Now reduced to, $15,900.
    Call steve at; 818-984-7464
    NEW LOWER PRICE, $14,700 firm.
    Last edited by lars; 01-04-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Font size.
    LARS THE SWEDE

Lars,
    That Howard deserves some current photos, between all the boats on this thread I can't figure out which one is actually for sale. One thing is for sure, a Howard 23 Offshore is a stealth hull and with that delta pad it is very efficient. Post up some high res current photos. This hull might be the last one out there of the (12) that were produced.
    Greg

1994 Howard 23 Offshore.

My Buddie Steve's 23 Offshore is one of the last ones made of this rare Howard Custom Boat model. The 1989 that just sold is almost identical to this one in the color scheme, engine, drive etc. Most of these 12 boats made are still out there. An all white one sold 4-5 years ago in Washington State and I believe it was a 1992. Then Tony on Long Island has got the twin outboard and another two outboards are supposed to have been made. I also looked at the original brochure boat and probably the first one made, when it came up for sale about 6-7 years ago, next door to Steve in Valencia CA, but it's in a pinkish main gel color, another 5-6 accent colors and the boat was quite faded and a little worned out, so I passed on it. Gene the owner of Howard had a couple made for himself with serious power, but the boat is too narrow at 6' to handle it and the hull mold was never totally straight, (they bought it from Crusader). He said it's better as a cruiser running 50-70mph and after spending a little time in this one I really tend to agree. A 28' Bullet is the way to go for tripple digits, but then we're talking quite a bit more $$$.

Link to Steve's updated ad on boattrader; http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...shore-96270619
    LARS THE SWEDE

Here is a 23' Warlock for sale. He sent me some pictures and the boat looks nice and price seems reasonable.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...ge=out&id=1147

Your hijacking someones ad for a Howard Offshore to push a Warlock?

Not a problem if you know he's sold the Howard, but I don't see a posting saying he has.

I'd be pissed if this was my thread.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

I apologize...

Sorry fellows, I dropped the ball on this thread. My friend Steve's Howard 23 Offshore sold a few months ago and is now back East.
    LARS THE SWEDE

Do you know what state it ended up in Lars?

I will find out it's whereabouts Greg.
    LARS THE SWEDE

Quote Originally Posted by lars View Post
    Sorry fellows, I dropped the ball on this thread. My friend Steve's Howard 23 Offshore sold a few months ago and is now back East.
    8 years later and bringing it up from the archive. Here is another Howard 23 Offshore that just came on for sale for $17,000. 1 of 12 built by Howard Custom Boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

1990 Los Angeles Boat Show boat and brochure boat.

Last time I saw this example was about 15 years ago with her then owner. He had a small company which did was work for the movie studios. Lived in the North Hills of Valencia, California, 10 minutes from Howard Custom Boats itself. Remember that the owner, who was in his upper 50's had a copper colored 1963 Corvette split window coupe, that had belonged to his recently deceased father, and the ashes of His father was in an urn of that Vette. The boat's gel, and anodized hardware were pretty faded by the sun, but the owner said that the motor, and it seems to be the same still, was in really great condition back then. Perfect little boat for Lake Tahoe where it resides now.

Lars
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LARS THE SWEDE

Thread Information