Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Dynolicious!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18

    Dynolicious!

    I got back from the Dyno. We went down 1/8inch in pulley size and Eddie dialed in a couple of things.

    The engine made 872 hp at 5,700 RPM with 8 lbs of boost. It pulled like a train to 6,100.

    Eddie plans to use 5,500 as a max where the engine made 862 hp with 7 lbs of boost with 823 lbs of torque.

    Peak torque of 870 lbs came at 4,900.

    I will post sheets if I can figure out how to get them on my system.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    14
    Sweeeeeeeeet. This is what your drive is going to say about it...
    97 27 zx twin step yep it is the slow boat
    500 EFI .........................with a little Boost and
    a little more boost
    48' Pacemaker Tournament Sportfish twin Detroits

    Yeah... I was.... Kind of a Big Deal.....

    Tex

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    10
    No video?
    Vroom Vroom Baby

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by CJmike View Post
    No video?
    Actually I do have one that I shot with my camera. I will upload it. I am not sure how it will come out. The whole dyno experience has been sort of tough. He got all of the vac pulls done and then it really started acting up. Then there was lot's of head scratching and bam it all came together.

    Watching the dyno pull was an interesting experience to me. On the last pull they warmed it up, Eddie adjusted a few things on the computer, then gave Marc (the throttle operator) the nod and then it all happened. The engine and blower noise combo was pretty spectacular.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    10
    Yep lots of fun at the dyno when stuff goes your way. Pretty impressive numbers. Should be a fun ride when you get it set in its new home.
    Vroom Vroom Baby

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,819
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hedgehog View Post
    I got back from the Dyno. We went down 1/8inch in pulley size and Eddie dialed in a couple of things.
    The engine made 872 hp at 5,700 RPM with 8 lbs of boost. It pulled like a train to 6,100.
    Eddie plans to use 5,500 as a max where the engine made 862 hp with 7 lbs of boost with 823 lbs of torque.
    Peak torque of 870 lbs came at 4,900.
    I will post sheets if I can figure out how to get them on my system.
    NICE!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by CJmike View Post
    Yep lots of fun at the dyno when stuff goes your way. Pretty impressive numbers. Should be a fun ride when you get it set in its new home.
    I figure that you have had an engine or two on one!
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  8. #8
    mrfixxall Guest

    mrfixxall

    Quote Originally Posted by CJmike View Post
    No video?
    Come on!!! the hedgehog has plenty of videos and been in some too!

    Hey hedge nice numbers,im thinking you should stuff it in the x

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    Come on!!! the hedgehog has plenty of videos and been in some too!
    Hey hedge nice numbers,im thinking you should stuff it in the x
    Ahh, those videos. Hmm, well they took down the uncensored section! There are some impressive pulls of those videos too

    The X....now that would be something else! After watching that torque on the dyno, I could not imagine trying to keep that thing straight in the X!

    Actually we are considering Tex's future Boston Whaler with a set of 60 inch tabs
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    14
    OK..OK..OK..OK.......BUT.. is this thing going to have a Drive Shower??? Us regular guys need to KNOW. John

    PS: I figure I got 235 horse at the prop...??
    Avatar: RELIANCE (1903) The Largest single masted sailing yacht ever built (Until 2004)...with over 16,000 square feet of sail. Successful Americas Cup Defender.
    __________________
    1986 Minx. SBC 350/260hp, Alpha I. Red, Honey.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by DonziJon View Post
    OK..OK..OK..OK.......BUT.. is this thing going to have a Drive Shower??? Us regular guys need to KNOW. John
    PS: I figure I got 235 horse at the prop...??
    A drive shower? No way, those rob too much speed. So do Bravo Drives! and an XR...well forget it.

    I am going with an Alpha!
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0
    Hedgehog,
    Nice work! With a wild motor like that, what do you think--a cyborg transmission and a #6 speedmaster? Gonna be a fun summer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    18
    Congrats! Nice numbers!




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,744
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by samjannarone View Post
    Hedgehog,
    Nice work! With a wild motor like that, what do you think--a cyborg transmission and a #6 speedmaster? Gonna be a fun summer.
    I will have enough power on tap to smash that XR

    Eddie is going through the drive and installing a billet top cap. I an running an IMCO lower with the 1.25" shaft. He has a customer with a 28 Nordic Heat and his 925 (that dynos over 1,000 hp). The Nordic has over 50 hours on the drive setup. That being said, he grenaded a IMCO SC at the Lake Cumberland poker run at 90 mph. I think that one had been rebuilt a couple of times.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

  15. #15
    mrfixxall Guest

    mrfixx

    Quote Originally Posted by samjannarone View Post
    Hedgehog,
    Nice work! With a wild motor like that, what do you think--a cyborg transmission and a #6 speedmaster? Gonna be a fun summer.
    Hmmm hey hedge i have almost every thing on the inside for a ssm #4 forsale!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •