Thread: Rev limiter

Rev limiter

Does anyone know what the rev limiter is set at on a 350 mpi mag engine it is a 98 model mefi 2 system thanks

I don't know but you will probably hit it with that prop I sent

Let me know how it works out.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Yep! believe I did..... The water was so rough yesterday that I wasn't able to get real good numbers. But I'm certain that I did hit the limiter twice... Not a good thing to do on a superchager engine.... I know.

I wasn't able to do any real good prop testing due to the water. The one time I tried to get a good run, I hit 66 gps... but I believe I over trimed and got alot of prop slip, this is when I hit the limiter. The math doesn't work out right 66gps at 5000....that alotttt of slip, the prop seemed to be more sensitive to trim. I believe the limiter was at 5000-5200. I'm going to try again Sun or Mon. I'll let you know.... BTW I found out that a labbed prop is hell on the shin if you swim into it... haha

I think it is 5250 on that engine.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information