Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blackhawk question.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    I think it's because it's an anniversary edition???
    Damn nice looking boat! Anyone know how many of those were made? I'm guessing just a handful.

I'm taking a speculation guess that it is 1 of 1.

In my opinion it is one of the coolest 22's ever built... blackhawk plus a really sweet red anniversary scheme that has white stripes and interior. It is so hot I want to hug it. I REALLY would like to see more pics of it.

They should have thrown a stripe on the Testa's, and white interior too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoodle View Post
    AFAIK, that is a one of one. I've got the build sheet around here somewhere. Originally a Fl boat, I looked into buying it a few years back.. So did Phil Reed, but instead he stole a 22 classic from one of my neighbors
    The guy who owned it here added the extra vents, should also have one of those Livorsi pods for the shifter..
    The added vents remind me of the 20' cigarette. seems like many of the older ones have 4 per side. The 20' cig to me is the "Easy Rider" of boats. Harley makes the wide glide as a late model edition of the Easy rider bike(s). I think Donzi makes the classics as the boat version....

any way you slice it, there are only a handful of boats that make my heart pump...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Maier View Post
    8 engine vents looks like a little customizing to me...
    MOP: To bring you up to speed here is where I am with all the parts of the Blackhawk/Arneson Project
    Engine: Currently being built in my garage by me with guidance from a local performance machine shop
    Dart Big M Iron Block
    4.5 inch bore X 4 inch stroke : 509 cid
    Howards forged crank and rods
    SRP flat top forged 9:1 compression pistons
    Dart Pro-1 as-cast aluminum heads
    Intake - to be determined
    Carb - to be determined
    Transmission: 72C Velvet Drive, currently being rebuilt by local marine transmission shop. They are upgrading by installing 10 carbon fiber clutches, should easily be able to handle my engine
    Arneson Drive: Used Borg Warner 1721. Was chain drive, plan to install heavy duty 1.32:1 gears from Arneson Industries but have not acquired them yet. Have not acquired the Arneson setback box yet. Thrust tube and drop-box are being sandblasted, primed and painted. Thrust tube is having drive guard fitted and installed. Thrust tube currently has a broken upper fin that will be cut off.
    Blackhawk Hull: Currently stripped down so that all is left are 1 inch tall fiberglass stringers. All wood has been chissled out and removed. All wood is being replaced with COOSA Bluewater 26 board.
    Here are some pictures of the work in progress:
    WOW! Great project. Keep us posted. I think you will have a great performing boat when finished!

Just to remind everyone, There were only 40 Blackhawk limited editions made 49 with 502 / 415 HP and 0ne with a 454(long story). However there were several black hawk style hulls with Blackhawk drives made (virtually the same minus the graphics and gold plated hardware). I too have4 been waiting For Greg to finish his project, for two reasons 1) I know he will do it right or won't do it, 2) I am dam curious how it will work. Any way Greg get you but in gear, I am not getting any younger. MOP and I are old farts and we want to see it before we get much older.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information