Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WANTED 17 spline volvo prop 15D 23p

WANTED 17 spline volvo prop 15D 23p

Will consider variables on that size but should work out to something close RPM wise
    Thanks guys

Big Grizzly has what you need here... You will not want a 23 tho of his props unless you are PONY rich.

Well, I have no Idea what PONY rich is but based on the fact that it has the word RICH in it I am guessing I am not.LOL

I PM'd him and we'll see what he comes up with.
    In the mean time if any one has anything please let me know.

Nobody's got an extra prop they want to sell?

Don't screw around when it comes to Volvo AQ props. They all suck except for the Solas custom that Big Grizzly helped developed using his 18 Donzi. These props are not all that expensive and WILL, without a doubt, outperform anything else you can bolt on to you Volvo AQ drive. BTW, Big Grizzly (Randy Carabelli) is the exclusive US dealer for these particular Solas props. They are not listed in the Solas catalog or on-line anywhere.

What's also good, is that not only will you get the best Volvo prop for your Donzi, you will also get pre-purchase consultation from Randy himself to make sure that you get the exact right size prop for your setup.

If you don't contact Randy, and start trying out all the different old (spell that high slippage) Volvo props you can find, it will ultimately cost you more money and your Donzi or other high-performance boat will not run as fast it could. many of us have been there and done that.

Contact him now . . . it's a no-brainer!

I emailed him and went over some of my issues just waiting for a recomendation now.

I alos emailed Hill propellers on ebay, not bronson hill but I think its ron hill or something anyone know these uys work?
    I guess they have 4 blades for it and I think the stern lift may be what I need?

Any input guys would be great. the sutphen hull is very similar to a donzi I beileve but there is very little by way of info to share on the sutphen 20 hull so far.

heres some pics. I actually bought her from a donzi guy wafter losing the sale to him the first time it was for sale.

I am very happy with the boat other than the speed/prop issue.
    The engine has about 10 hrs on it

mrfixxall Guest

mrfixxall

Quote Originally Posted by ct20sutphen View Post
    I emailed him and went over some of my issues just waiting for a recomendation now.

I alos emailed Hill propellers on ebay, not bronson hill but I think its ron hill or something anyone know these uys work?
    I guess they have 4 blades for it and I think the stern lift may be what I need?

Any input guys would be great. the sutphen hull is very similar to a donzi I beileve but there is very little by way of info to share on the sutphen 20 hull so far.

heres some pics. I actually bought her from a donzi guy wafter losing the sale to him the first time it was for sale.

I am very happy with the boat other than the speed/prop issue.
    The engine has about 10 hrs on it
    The guy on ebay,,his props are welded together and not casted in one piece..a friend of mine bought a prop from him and the ear broke off the first time he used it and ron hill wouldnt do anything about it..

Best luck with big grizz or thease guys http://www.hillpropellers.com/..

ive had my best luck with the volvo ultra prop

Thanks for the input bronson isn't doing another run until next year though. Mold is worn out.

They were supposed to be up and running and jan. thats why I waited all winter to look for a prop. Then it was march, then april now finally they tell me next year.

I wish there was someone local in CT I could at least try their prop so I would know what pitch will work.
    My 19 just gets murdered in the high rpm's
    No MPH increase but I can spin the motor very high in the RPMS with ease.

I have a mirage 23 with a flo torque 1 hub that could be re hubbed but I really wanted to go with the volvo style hub since they say the through exhaust style is bad for the volvo drives.
    Anyone running a merc prop o a volvo with good success?

Bump

Try Yankee Boat yard locally. The believe they have some Volvo props.

What town are you in?
    ------------------------
    Charter member KWOSG

I am in simsbury but I launch at yankee in portland alot.

Never thought to ask them.

I know seaboard does alot pf volvo but they didn't have anything that high pitch when I called

My advice to you is to talk to Big Grizzly and do what he tells you. He has a lot of experience and knows more about this stuff that most of us could ever hope to.

That being said, if you really want to go in another direction, I have a 22p Left Hand Volvo Ultra I could let go for $350. There was a member here that had a 24p Ultra re-pitched to 23 so I don't see any reason you couldn't go an inch the other way. I doubt it will hook up well for you and it is too much money, but there it is.

That being said, if I sell it I will take the money to Big Grizzly and do what he tells me to do...

Frank
    pony poor
    Triple Hatch.
    It's a classic Donzi, not a Donzi Classic.

Thanks I bought a cupped 21 that I got for a good prie. Hopefully it will give me a better reference point for RPM.
    We'll see.

Thanks to all the members who offered help It was very much appreciated.

If anyone has anything in the future let me know.
    I am sure this will not do the trick but get me a reference point as far as how much things change whith the 2 inches of extra pitch.
    I also plan on doing twin 60-1 turbos in the future so more prop will be needed for sure.

I have done turbos for a bunch of boat guys in the past since I drag race turbo cars. Its so simple and makes crazy reliable power.

I have a SOLAS from Randy (21") , an Hydromotive Quad 4 machined for the 17 spline, a Hill Bros 25 and a 24" Ultra, all for your Volvo. I WILL part with the
    Hill 25" and MAYBE the Ultra 24.

Let me know. The 21 from Randy (SOLAS 21 ) needs about 375-400 ponies on an 18 at 1:61.

Sure lenny wait till I buy a prop then tell me you have 5 of them?

What happened the first time you posted.LOL
    Just kidding
    Shoot me some prices.
    I am gonna try this new to me prop and se where it gets me before making any new purchases.

Funny thing is I got more info on big grizz's props from you guys than I got from him.

I was interested in finding out what makes his different from the early 270 to 290 solas props selling on ebay but nevr got a good solid answer.
    I am sure they are different and I sell turbos and turbo parts so I know that a sublte difference can mean alot so I was hoping he'd give me some details.

I am new to props etc. I like engines and turbos.
    We always had 30 ft sutphens and fountains etc. they all rean very well so we just left the props alone.
    Our 32 fountain fever does 84 MPH on GPS which makes this 20 look pethetic at best.
    Its an awsome little boat but I need more speed for sure, HP is no problem I can make all I need with ease.

I can make 1000 Hp and torque from a small block chevy with twins so easy its not funny

Hers a link to my buddy's camaro it has TRW flat tops in it.
    not a super trick combo except for the DFI and the turbos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X__Wid0SGnw

thanks for the help guys.

Thread Information