Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arneson Series

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    How about "bow lift" ? Were you able to create any??? 87.9 miles of travelling. Great, but what speeds were you seeing with the A drive as opposed to normally configured as reference?
    I believe Chris has something quite similar stored somewhere and red...
    Also, what year is the boat? That looks like an '87 or so LE (Limited Edition) of a black 22 ???
    Hi Lenny,Has some bow lift.I am in need of more and a lil squirrely when over trimmed. So i think the lower fin will cure both.Speed i believe is also faultering because of this.About 5 to 7 mph down at this time.Again Day 1!
    Yes,1987 LE. Chris's 22 has been part my inspiration from the start.
    It was great to have him on the very 1st shakedown run and he's a lot of fun !
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger lily View Post
    the rooster tails alone that surface drives throw make it worth while, awesome
    Yes,and the Hyd.Strg.,shifting and reliabity factors have made it worth it to me.Also i was able put this together with used componets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    Ken what kind of power is ahead the Adrive? Give us some more poop on the whole setup!
    Hey Phil,
    1987 22 Classic, Test mule 454/330 H.P. W/ only 740 hrs.on it.B/W 1721 Drop box 1.32 ratio,Velvet drive 1.1,Current test prop 16x 23P
    Any short shaft 19 spline props out there ??
    [url]

Very nice. This will be one to follow. I love to see Donzi owners goin in to new territory.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

mrfixxall Guest

mrfixx

yeppers! i have three of them,,2 16x21 4 blade(paired wont sep) and a 17 x27 L 4 blade..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...t=37016&page=3

87.9 miles of travelling.
    That one caught me at first. I didn't enlarge the pic and thought it was 87.9mph.

About 5 to 7 mph down at this time.
    Down from the stock setup, or down from what you expected?
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Green ZX View Post
    Very nice. This will be one to follow. I love to see Donzi owners goin in to new territory.
    Thanks B.G ZX !
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    yeppers! i have three of them,,2 16x21 4 blade(paired wont sep) and a 17 x27 L 4 blade..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...t=37016&page=3
    Sent ya a P.M. !
    Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    That one caught me at first. I didn't enlarge the pic and thought it was 87.9mph.
    Down from the stock setup, or down from what you expected?
    Hi Yeller,
    Yes Miles travelled ! Wasn't trying to imply anything with the pic. other than a good days outing with no problems after major surgery.
    MPH,Down from previous set-up Alpha SS W/Sternjack.
    Here's a Youtube demo of the strg. geometry.The drive is simply being raised and lowered in the Vid. It's a lil tricky to adj. trim at speed. You learn to trim & counter steer in small increments.It caught me off guard the 1st few times tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-pJKdQiTs
    Last edited by DONZI; 10-08-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add info
    [url]

That seems like a really crazy design. Is it because of where the steering ram is attached?

Ken...Very Nice Keep us posted on the results...speeds and handeling etc...can't wait to see it in LG 2008.. The color RED is just looks great!!!

"America is all about Speed - Hot, Nasty Bad-Ass Speed .~"Eleanor Roosevelt
    1995 22C HP500EFI

Mr. Jr. Stocker...always Stock...always..

What a riot...

that thing looks to be, Kenny...

I guess I will have to start planning a return trip to Lake George this next spring to see it run out.

I wonder what Haver is going to do when he has roosters coming at him from both sides? Better install windshield wipers Bob.

mrfixxall Guest

mrfixx

Here's a Youtube demo of the strg. geometry.The drive is simply being raised and lowered in the Vid. It's a lil tricky to adj. trim at speed. You learn to trim & counter steer in small increments.

If you add another cylinder to the other side? mabe it will correct your peoblem..or it may brake or bend somthing if the geomtry is off..

I don't think, nor have I seen anyone, constantly trim a boat while running so if the trim is set at the proper level, there would not really be a problem would there?

Deneen and I are there, LAKE GEORGE... no question

This will be our "SPRING" getaway, never been to NYC, never walked it or talked it.

I can NOT wait...

Lenny

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    That seems like a really crazy design. Is it because of where the steering ram is attached?
    Yes,Here are some pics of the later designs with rams attached lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Air 22 View Post
    Ken...Very Nice Keep us posted on the results...speeds and handeling etc...can't wait to see it in LG 2008.. The color RED is just looks great!!!
    Thanks Dwight ! I will. The Red seems to be working in traffic quite well !
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se View Post
    that thing looks to be, Kenny...
    I guess I will have to start planning a return trip to Lake George this next spring to see it run out.
    I wonder what Haver is going to do when he has roosters coming at him from both sides? Better install windshield wipers Bob.
    ThanksTodd! I hope to see you as well.I've got some seat time in YELLER FEVER. I don't think he needs to worry about me hosing'em down.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    Here's a Youtube demo of the strg. geometry.The drive is simply being raised and lowered in the Vid. It's a lil tricky to adj. trim at speed. You learn to trim & counter steer in small increments.
    If you add another cylinder to the other side? mabe it will correct your peoblem..or it may brake or bend somthing if the geomtry is off..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatless View Post
    I don't think, nor have I seen anyone, constantly trim a boat while running so if the trim is set at the proper level, there would not really be a problem would there?
    It's just something you need to be aware of. It actually will dart on you with the quick speed of the trim motor.
    This will be our "SPRING" getaway, never been to NYC, never walked it or talked it.
    I can NOT wait...
    Lenny
    I look forward to meeting ya Lenny !
    [url]

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    In the car world it's called bump steer. If you place the inner pivot point of the steering cylinder at the same Z hieght and the same dimension on the X plane While also keeping it parallel from a vertical point of view(looking down at it), it will be eliminated. I believe some of Arneson's newer designs have addressed this problem.
    More: http://www.naxja.org/html/techarticl...psteertech.htm
    Jeff
    " Just piercing the surface"

Quote Originally Posted by HallJ View Post
    In the car world it's called bump steer. If you place the inner pivot point of the steering cylinder at the same Z hieght and the same dimension on the X plane While also keeping it parallel from a vertical point of view(looking down at it), it will be eliminated. I believe some of Arneson's newer designs have addressed this problem.
    More: http://www.naxja.org/html/techarticl...psteertech.htm
    Jeff
    I was thinking that it was attached to the transom for some reason, and realized that it is fixed mount later. (thinking that he could just move the mount location and fix the problem)

The thing that is a bit confusing to me is with that setup, on twin engine applications you could have each drive pointing in a different direction. Not that it's standard to trim each drive to a different level, but still seems really odd that they ever made it like that. I'm sure you just get used to it and it's no big deal either way.

On a twin there is a mechanical tie bar to keep the drive units parrallel. So they cannot be out of sync.

Changing the distance out will not change the arc. Look at arnesons new design. Different geometry.

Thread Information