Thread: Windows Vista 2 minute install...

Windows Vista 2 minute install...

This is the best way I have seen up until now to install Windows new OS Vista.

The tips are intuitive and relevant. So simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

My laptop and my wife's are identical except bought months apart --hers newer and she has Vista--very unfortunate!

Vista is just soooooo bad, you have to experience it to see how awful it really is. Even if it really "worked", I would still hate the look and feel. I would never have believed it could be so bad.

We're trying to get HP/Compaq to send us a free downgrade to XP...or sell the computer then go to Dell where you can spec XP still.....

Rotflmao!!!
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Tommy I could not agree more, Vista is a big bust. Everyone I know hates it and are thinking of down grading, the op systems are getting way to bloated. When I was running 98 I got a copy of Windows Lite, made 98 look like a dog. About two months ago I ripped XP Pro off my machine and put XP home and decreased my load time by over a minute. I just bought a new machine a 4.3 with a gig of ram should be here tomorrow, maybe that will do a better job of loading this stuff.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

It is one of the most idiodic OS yet.. You would think that they would make it work with all pre existing windows OS platforms & software.. It's like they came up with xp after all of the other garbage & then they decided to regress.. WTF?? J

Hp will give you a free downgrade Cd for XP.

Xp will be faster than Vista
    2000 28ZX Scorpion SOLD
    1979 Criterion
    1986 Z29

RED/WHITE
    TWIN SBC 330HP
    ALPHA 1'S
    Mcleod design Interior

I'm with the MadDog, I bought a new Dell laptop, (my 3 Dell desktops run XP) I upgraded the RAM, and I have had zero problems with Vista.
    I don't use this laptop as a primary computer, but I do use it for everything I do. (music, video, pdf feature sheets, publisher feature sheets, picture manipulation, server access)
    I don't have any experience with upgrading a XP machine to Vista, but that seems to be where most of the problems are.
    North East Donzi Club
    NO TOOLS

Just bought a new computer last week from Dell.

Has Vista w/2gigs of ram. Haven't had any real problems with it yet. A little different then XP. But, I don't do a lot of "wild" things on the computer either.

I hope, from all the talk here, that this doesn't end up being another ME, OS from MS. I had three machines with ME on them at one time. Oh!!!! what a POS that was. Locked up ALL the time. Went back to 2000 after that mess.
    "Support our Troops"

Dave
    Always a Gearhead

Thread Information