Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1853

Thread: Now I'm getting serious....

George, what kind of suspension is that??? i dont see springs,,, torsion units or somethin
    FISH HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermanjm View Post
    George, what kind of suspension is that??? i dont see springs,,, torsion units or somethin
    Yes Jim, Torsion axles. The arm is embedded in rubber inside the square section axle and flexes very little.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

So, I picked up the trailer today after new cypress bunks had been installed.
    Now it's all done other than getting the boat on the trailer and adjusting the tongue weight.
    The upgrades have cost a bit more than I'd planned on and has come to a little over $2,500.00, but
    it's the trailer I want, and arranged the way I want it. Notice the huge rear bunk overhang is gone.
    I never measured the old arrangement, but I think it's now about 2' shorter over all.

Attached Images Attached Images
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Nice job on the trailer George!........what's the weight capacity of the trailer?...........how much does the boat weigh?
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

you should probably cut the front mast down quite a bit, I did that, and added a step right there .. and some non skid foot pads on the frame ..

I need to slide mine back about 2-3" too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I like that step. Never thought about that, even though I climb onto the boat from the front of the trailer all the time. I'm going to do that mod for sure.

Looking good George. Getting very close to the finish line. I wish I could move my boat forward and get rid of the bunk overhang too, but they made my trailer with a shorter frame and longer tongue, so I don't have the extra room.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Nice job on the trailer George!........what's the weight capacity of the trailer?...........how much does the boat weigh?
    The trailer capacity is either 5,500# or 6,000#, the "official" wt. of a 22C is 3,400# but my boat has at least 200# of
    additional 'glass in the hull and deck and a 10 gallon larger gas tank. Also the engine block is heavier than normal.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Jim, that step is a good idea, and I'll definately consider it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Good to see you got the bunks
    How did the deck come out?..Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Good to see you got the bunks
    How did the deck come out?..Ed
    I sprayed more gel in the repaired foredeck on Saturday, I didn't go to the shop yesterday (I can't remember the last time that happened) and I cleaned the area this morning (only a little more than a square foot) and sanded it. I seemed to get enough gel on it. I'll work on it some more tomorrow.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    I like that step. Never thought about that, even though I climb onto the boat from the front of the trailer all the time. I'm going to do that mod for sure.

Looking good George. Getting very close to the finish line. I wish I could move my boat forward and get rid of the bunk overhang too, but they made my trailer with a shorter frame and longer tongue, so I don't have the extra room.
    You could modify it like I did mine. Tongue weight is at the high end but still within specs and it tows great.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    You could modify it like I did mine. Tongue weight is at the high end but still within specs and it tows great.
    Wish I could Carl, but I can't. I'd have to move my boat forward 18" and I don't have that kind of room. My boat is already as far forward into the "V" of the trailer as it can go. The frame of my trailer is much shorter and the tongue is much longer than most.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Wish I could Carl, but I can't. I'd have to move my boat forward 18" and I don't have that kind of room. My boat is already as far forward into the "V" of the trailer as it can go. The frame of my trailer is much shorter and the tongue is much longer than most.
    Why not move the post forward of the "V" and onto the tongue?
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

It already is at least 2' out onto the tongue. The bow of my boat is already at the forward most part of the "V". I would have to raise the boat up to clear the front of the trailer frame (V) to move the boat forward.....and I don't want to do that.
    They cheaped out when they made the trailer. To save money, they made a smaller aluminum frame and put a longer tongue. The tongue is about 6'.

Now I understand. My trailer was sized for 22'-25' so I was at the shorter end of the range.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Thread Information