Page 118 of 124 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1853

Thread: Now I'm getting serious....

your tongue weight is fine, once you flip it then maybe move the post back 2"...

measure the ground up I-beam rear, and front corners, and adjust accordingly

not bad for a guessing first try

I have about 750-780# TW with my deckboat, and it weighs 6200+ loaded up, haven't weighed the Hornet yet, that's this weekends adventure
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

George,
    If you get one of these B&W hitches, you can tow trailers with either size coupler and get the height where you want it easily.

http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/..._vAxoCjc_w_wcB

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

George, it is a very nice looking boat.....now a quick squirt of red on the Expedition and you will be good to go.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    George,
    If you get one of these B&W hitches, you can tow trailers with either size coupler and get the height where you want it easily.

http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/..._vAxoCjc_w_wcB
    Bill, that's a very clever hitch. I saved it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by CHACHI View Post
    George, it is a very nice looking boat.....now a quick squirt of red on the Expedition and you will be good to go.

Ken
    Ken, red needs a contrasting color and the Expedition provides it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Bill, that's a very clever hitch. I saved it.
    I have B&W hitches on both of my trucks since I haul so many different trailers. It is so simple to adjust for whatever you are hauling that I recommend them to everyone and they are stout. I don't bother tucking them under, but I do keep a lock on them. They are made so that the component parts can not be stolen from the main receiver.

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Ditto all of that. I have one of those and love that I can adjust it to whatever I might need.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

The TR didn't make it to the Tavares Antique Boat Show. More than one reason, I couldn't get the boat to the upholsterer until last Monday and didn't get the seats back until Thursday afternoon. I didn't finish installing the front bucket seats until this afternoon.
    I wanted to have him recover the seats, but he just didn't have time until last week when it too late. He did get the original 28 year old upholstery looking good though. Now it will wait a few weeks.
    The other item that wasn't ready was the cockpit cover (snaps etc.) and considering the amount of rain last Friday, I'm glad it wasn't in the show.
    Here's a couple of pictures of the original upholstery installed, along w/the new carpet. The carpet.....it's from Donzi Direct and fits very well. Since I cut down the front foot supports, I need to trim the carpet to fit. currently the excess just hangs over the foot supports.

Attached Images Attached Images
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Even with the "old" upholstery, it looks beautiful.

Good job George.

Ken.

George, that is the "original" factory vinyl, just re-stretched and re-stapled onto new wood?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    George, that is the "original" factory vinyl, just re-stretched and re-stapled onto new wood?
    how did they clean it?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    how did they clean it?
    Yes, new wood in the front buckets, a bit of repair of the snap strips in the rear seat backs, and cleaning w/a mild detergent and water.....they're not perfect.

I looked at a bunch of samples while at his shop. But while looking at these pictures, it occurred to me a vinyl that more matches the "crushed silver" powder coat might be interesting. Something w/a little metallic in it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

That is pretty incredible for a 1984 interior to hold together like that. 30 years old and it looks more like 5. My .02 is don't go metallic vinyl, the old school naugahyde looks like it should be there. Shortly, you will have to close the longest running build on the board. A nice "tax day" ride is in order. Congrats
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    That is pretty incredible for a 1984 interior to hold together like that. 30 years old and it looks more like 5. My .02 is don't go metallic vinyl, the old school naugahyde looks like it should be there. Shortly, you will have to close the longest running build on the board. A nice "tax day" ride is in order. Congrats
    Thanks Greg!
    The boat was built in September of '87 as an '88 model, so it's 28 years old, but it does does look good considering.
    The metallic idea is based on all the nearby hardware that is powder coated w/a somewhat metallic finish.

Anyone else have an opinion about this?
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Thanks Greg!
    The boat was built in September of '87 as an '88 model, so it's 28 years old, but it does does look good considering.
    The metallic idea is based on all the nearby hardware that is powder coated w/a somewhat metallic finish.

Anyone else have an opinion about this?
    She looks awfully good with the original vinyl style.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Thread Information