Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for starter Donzi on the West Coast

Looking for starter Donzi on the West Coast

Hello,

I am looking for a 'starter' Donzi here in the West Coast; I live in Sacramento, CA. Would be willing to drive north and south, boarder to boarder and east to Utah or Colorado. Perferably a 16' or 18' needing a little work, especially engine work would be OK. I will consider all options. Color not important.

Please call me at 916-638-6603 or e-mail me if you have a boat to sell that would work for me or have any leads on others.

Thanks,

Nick

Possible Sale?

Nick, call me or e-mail me offline.

My X-18 may be for sale. I'm out here in Washington DC, but my X-18 is in storage at my father's hangar in Sonoma, not far from you.

Honestly, the engine needs work. I want to pull it out and go through it. However, as is, the boat runs a solid 60.1mph on GPS in freshwater. OK for 30yrs old and running a Merc 280 TRS drive. The hull is solid. Interior is original marine vinyl, for the most part in decent condition.

I'm planning on running the boat on Lake Shasta from July 3-7 if I can get it up and reliable enough for a long weekend.

George Papich
    202.294.2955 cell
    925.482.4794 home
    gpapich@comcast.net
    gpapich@hanleywood.com

Smile

Hey Nick,
    I got a 87 Z21 for sale. She is berthed up at Tahoe for the season.
    She is Donzi red and white; a very classy look. Her engine is strong and the boat overall is a good 8 out of 10.
    You can reach me at 925-202-8484.

Al Fortis

There is a V-drive, (believe it or not, apparently original ), 16 for sale down by you privately. Pics to follow next week. It needs a LOT of cosmeic work and would require a deck off resto done.

I would SERIOUSLY consider the X-18 offer. They do NOT come up often and are a joy of a boat. Mechanics are easy (for most ) but hull/deck cosmetic work can get costly andd be far more of a chore, so I would personally stick to a good foundation and go through a motor and drive than the reverse.

Good luck, I will keep in touch, Lenny

isn't Sacramento next to Modesto???
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    isn't Sacramento next to Modesto???
    Folsom and Sonoma are about 125 miles apart. Talk about a close drive to get a DONZI, (and an "X" to boot) !!!

Get on it man, get on it...

Pix

See pix.

GPA Pich, how much???... I think I am on it if he is not.

I need two in the shop

Seriously...

Lenny

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    GPA Pich, how much???... I think I am on it if he is not.
    I need two in the shop
    Seriously...
    Lenny
    Geez Lenny, why don't you get one of your boats running before you buy another.

Nicolod, not sure of your price range, but if you want to consider a 22C, this seems like a good deal to me: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...117#post415117
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Starting Pricing

Hey guys,
    I think I'm going to start at $9850. This includes the trailer which has new bearings and tires.
    I also have a bunch of additional boating related goodies like lifejackets, HHeld GPS (Garmin GPS 76C, the color one), 100' of anchor line, chain, and an aluminum Fortress anchor.
    I've put about $1500 additional into the boat since I bought it in November '05
    Contact me offline if you're interested. Seriously. Otherwise you're going to force me to mothball it until I can afford to do a GEOO replica w/ standoff box and tranny.
    George Papich
    gpapich@comcast.net

I would like to run down and see it .. Is that possible???

Very interested...

I want two, black and blue

Send me the info and any pics please. I will do a roadtrip...

Road Trip?

Lenny,

I'm up for a visit. However, I am planning a family vacation for the first week of July. It'll have to be after that and by proxy. My father will have to show the boat.

Quite honestly, I want to use it one more time with my kids and family before I sell it.

Send me an e-mail off line so we can talk: gpapich@comcast.net

The Runt runs...

I had a great 4th of July! Got to see my kids. Rented a houseboat w/ my family on Lake Shasta, turned 38, and got a chance to run the boat. (to me )

NICE. Great to see another "X" so close by...

Looks GREAT !!!

Hmmm,... I am heading that way once again. I will definately stop by to see it and then ...

I will be in touch. Stand by.

Looking forward to letting you see my X18

Lenny,

Sounds like a plan. Contact me at 202.729.3587 (wk) and leave me a message or e-mail me at gpapich@comcast.net.

I can let my father know what's up (he's semi-retired) and we can plan to get the boat pulled out of the hanger, on the hose, and fired up.

I just replaced the battery as part of getting it up and running. Had a blast towing the kids on a tube and doing a few speed runs for my father. Did you download the mini-movie (~5Mb) for the flyby of the boat? It was perfect Classic 18 conditions (6" to 1') chop to get some air under the hull and let me fly it.

Take care,

G.

Thread Information