Thread: Help!

Help!

I ran the Spybot program earlier today, and I don't know what happened, but all kinds of things are wrong now. I tried to use the Recovery mode of Spybot, with no results. I can't put attachments to a post, I can't enlarge an attachment that someone else posts, I cannot start Outlook Express, and I cannot access any search engines (Msn, Yahoo). I've run my Norton Utilities, and it didn't fix it. I'm out of ideas.

Cuda....

I hope that you are running XP!

If so, than try this:

Start...All Programs...Accessories.....System tools...System restore

Look for a date as close to present as possible that is Hi-lited click on the date to restore system. You will not lose anything and it will take a few minutes....you may be prompted to do a re-start once complete. I have noticed some wierd crap in the last few days and have some clean-up to do as well.

Once that is done I would suggest that you scan machine for viruses and update your virus protection/firewall if you have not done so already.

Let me know how you make out!

KJ

Kirk, I just tried that, it came up with a message that I don't have security clearance to use that program. It suggested I log out, then log back in as the administrator.

When I try to use Outlook Express, I get a message saying something about file MSOE.DLL not being found or something like that.

Try this:

http://www.mcafee-security.com/fixregistryerrors.htm Registry & Error Cleaning software

Run and install...it's free!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk
    http://www.mcafee-security.com/fixregistryerrors.htm Registry & Error Cleaning software
    Run and install...it's free!
    Kirk it is only free to have a look see! If you want it to do anything it costs! I got P.O.ed and deleted it even that proved to be a pain had go back two days just to get my machine straight again!

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

I've been fighting this since Saturday! I bought a CD yesterday that's suppose to fix problems. No joy at all.
    I've got professional help coming in a few minutes. If he can't fix it, the next step is to put it under the rear wheel of my F350 and see if I can't "iron" out the problems.

hell yeah...

That RegCleaner worked awesome for me... i've had a startup bug i've been fighting for 3 months, that nothing worked on, this cleaned it in about 3 minutes...

WELL worth the penny's....

thanx man,

JH
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Cuda's problems are a little more serious than a patch job that can be handled from the net or on the phone. Good luck Joe.
    Da Taz<<<---Puters, I don't know stinking puters...
    Da Taz
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary will get you every time."
    Wes

I agree with the Taz. I vote for reinstall windows or if you have windows XP or ME, go thru the recovery mode. What version of windows do you have Joe?

Hell, better yet, ship the box to me, I'll fix it for free, and ship it back to you. You only pay for shipping it to me. Help a brother out!!!!!!! Problem will go away quickly.
    Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Thumbs up

.....atta way joel !! nicest thing i've heard in a long time
    rag top man

The guy that looked at it came over Friday to pick up the computer. He's going to save my data, then reinstalled Windows.

Thread Information