Thread: buffer/polisher

buffer/polisher

any recommendations for a orbital buffer? I heard good things about the Porter Cable 7424.

Buy me one while your at it! It's the one I am gonna get also.

http://portercable.cpoworkshop.com/p...?ref=yahoo7424
    Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

I use the Porter Cable on the cars and the boat. It's excellent! Amazon usually has the best deals on it. Get the hook and loop kit to make pad changes a bit easier.

This might sound dumb but do you apply the wax by hand and than polish it in or apply the liquid wax directly to the polishing head.

I bought a Makita 9227C...described here:
    http://www.autogeek.net/ma927po.html

I bought it on ebay, brand new for a decent "buy it now" price, and have been very happy with it. Gradual start-up, constant rpm even under a load, comes with two polishing pads, and even a slick carrying bag is included.

Here is a site with a short description about using polishers:
    http://www.properautocare.com/abcirpol.html

Let me know if you have any questions...I am slowly becoming quite the wet-sanding and polishing expert!

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

-------Variable speed is probably the most important part of a quality buffer. That and the warrantee!!!..........Bill S

Porter Cable Polisher/Buffer 7424

Greetings,
    I recently picked up the Porter Cable 7424 Polisher/Buffer at a local Woodworking store. It works OK, however I plan on upgrading to a DeWalt brand Buffer the car dealers use. The Porter Cable is really a wood sander with a buffing head on it. The wheel is too small for the work I want to cover, ie: car and Donzi. Remember, Bigger is always Better! JS

I like my Porter Cable. Ken

I bought this Hitachi from Coastal Tool.
    Works great, no complaints.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...1d1+1151359337

Quote Originally Posted by mr. sib44
    Greetings,
    I recently picked up the Porter Cable 7424 Polisher/Buffer at a local Woodworking store. It works OK, however I plan on upgrading to a DeWalt brand Buffer the car dealers use. The Porter Cable is really a wood sander with a buffing head on it. The wheel is too small for the work I want to cover, ie: car and Donzi. Remember, Bigger is always Better! JS
    Sometimes bigger does not get into the corners and tight spots. I have the big Milwacukee 5460 and would still like a porter cable.

MAKITA is the best,we use them every day, all day!! They've been dropped, soaked...and are still working! Most durable and lighter then the other Dewalt, and Hitachi...

MAKITA!
    B.

I have the above Poter Cable, it is nice for wax removal. It will do nothing in terms of buffing, then you need a rotary fast polisher.
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

Cool What about the Cyclo

I'm amazed no one mentioned the Cyclo Polisher. I've been "jonesin" for one for years and finally bought one off of e-bay for a decent price although about twice the DeWalt or Makita. It's dual head and I did the boat in about 30 minutes.....just putting polish on....I remove it by hand. Even the cyclo is not fast enough to really polish. Be careful on car paint with the fast one's....easy to burn the paint. My two cents, E.

Thread Information