Thread: Making a plan

Making a plan

With the money from the sale of the Checkmate burning a hole in my pocket, I'm making plans for the 22. I stopped by the Boat Hospital today, and told him to work me up some numbers for work I want done. First, I want him to pop the deck, and fix the damage to the deck, ala gcarter (he told me to email him the link). While he's got the deck off, I want to have him change the fuel tank. I also want him to install new SS rubrail. That is stuff I want done for sure, now is a couple things I'd like to have done. I'd like to pull the 454, have the bilge completely repainted (though it's damn nice right now), and while I'm at it, have a 496 installed. To do those things, I'd have to dip into money that isn't earmarked for boats, but I still just might do it. It depends on the numbers he comes back to me with. I'm thinking about one of those low hour Volvo 496's that are advertised on here a few months back, I've got Blackhawk checking into what's availabe. I know damn well it would be much easier to rig the new engine with the deck off. I'm also going to see if I can figure a way to attach an electric hatch lift. Since I had them take that hole out where a scoop used to be, they also reinforced the entire hatch, and the thing weighs a ton now. I've got to go to Jax for work this week, but it got put off one day, so maybe I can get the boat to them tomorrow. I have a little job to do in Orlando, if I can get cracking early tomorrow, I should get back in time.

What size tank is in a 22? He asked me, but I wasn't sure. 60 gallons I think.

mines 50...
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I dropped off the 22 today to begin it's open heart surgery.

Thread Information