Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My new '06 22ZX

Congrats Mark. I bet you'll really like it.

Now that you mention it I did notice that the 22ZX is not on Donzi's 2006 price sheets. I guess like you said it is no more. Kind of surprising since I always thought this was a nice entry level boat for Donzi and a good seller. The 22ZX was the biggest boat we ever sold in New Mexico.

So this year Donzi officially killed the 22ZX, 33ZX & 45ZX. What's next? Sounds like the ZX is a dieing breed.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by RickSE
    Congrats Mark. I bet you'll really like it.
    Now that you mention it I did notice that the 22ZX is not on Donzi's 2006 price sheets. I guess like you said it is no more. Kind of surprising since I always thought this was a nice entry level boat for Donzi and a good seller. The 22ZX was the biggest boat we ever sold in New Mexico.
    So this year Donzi officially killed the 22ZX, 33ZX & 45ZX. What's next? Sounds like the ZX is a dieing breed.

Unfortunatley the Zr's are going to be replacing the Zx's.. The 38zx is the only one still currently available new from them.. At least for now.. Its too bad, we too liked the Zx for many reasons.. Jamie / Lakeside
    Last edited by LKSD; 04-05-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jw
    You would have to remove that plenum no matter whether it is a whipple or Procharger going on... Also The procharger is usually easier to install.
    Plus you keep all 8 injectors with the Procharger. I believe the Whipple system replaces the 8 injector set up with two. My fear would be that if you loose an injector on the Whipple, you lean the motor out significantly and bam it's done.
    RickS-E

Jamie, why would I have to remove the plenum?
    It is all made of metal and is an integral part of the engine.
    My thought was to run the boost right into the large round opening
    where the flame arrestor is now located.......

No argueing, just trying to learn....
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X
    Jamie, why would I have to remove the plenum?
    It is all made of metal and is an integral part of the engine.
    My thought was to run the boost right into the large round opening
    where the flame arrestor is now located.......
    No argueing, just trying to learn....
    Sorry about that, I just noticed you have what looks to be the scorpion package.. So yes the plenum would have to stay with a Procharger.. I thought you had a std SBC mag mpi... There is no "off the shelf" kit from procharger from this, but I talked to them today & we think it could be done though.. I have done some similar "custom" applications for marine that have come out great.. Those are my tricks of the trade though.. I can tell you you would probably have to do a remote intercooler & custom plumbing set up to make it work.. If you want to email me your engine serial # and a picture of the front of the engine.. I could better then tell if the belt routing & accessory locations are still the same and better determine the chances of making a kit work.. Let me know if you want me to look into it further for you.. Jamie /Lakeside

hey , congrats Mark !!!! Beautiful boat !!!!
    better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

Cool

Well, I'm really enjoying this chat about the superchargers. I will wait until the warranty is up next year and then consider one of the two choices (based on the discussion). So keep talking here where I can watch the to and fro.
    I have the new style Bravo One. Will that be strong enough for a Supercharger? What about the internal engine stuff like pistons and rods and crankshaft? The 22 Classics with the 496 Mag HO have been coming with the next level up Bravo One X. Does that mean the possible 450 HP from a supercharged engine will blow my standard Bravo drive?

I'm probably going to a shiny header and riser package for this motor. Does Anyone have a suggestion? The EMI Thunder set-up on my 18 was really nice. But this 350 Mag MPI had all sorts of mounting brackets for stuff, attached to the risers. That was not the case with my MX6.2MPI motor in the 18.

Who has a good website for window shopping for stuff to brighten up the motor (valve covers, etc).

The word from my dealer was this hull was the last 22ZX built. Donzi factory knew that and did it up special with all the stuff and took it to the Miami boat show. Haskell's Marine bought the boat because there were no takers at the Miami Boat Show. I saw the boat in their showroom for the first time last Wednesday afternoon and it took me less than two minutes to trade in the 18for it. I had sold my '99 Carrera and closed the deal only 20 minutes before and was just driving home with my pockets smokin' with cash and thought I would drive by the dealership and see how things were going with the Angel Aid Poker Run from their side of the fence...

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Mark: "Nancy, I'll be home in a little bit. I am going to Haskells to check on some 'Angelaid stuff'."
    Nancy: "OK sweety, see you then."
    1 HOUR later
    Mark: "Honey, I'm home!"
    I don't care if you lick windows,
    take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself....
    You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special!

Cool

Nancy:" "

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

"There's no more manly, hairy-chested,
    testosterone-filled vehicle than a JEEP...
    with a HEMI...
    pulling a DONZI"

Except maybe a 4X4 Excursion with a Powerstroke Diesel, pulling one down the road at 85MPH!!
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

Cool

Glad to see all of my SEADOG buddies are enjoying this thread, as well as others.

Help, please.
    I only just acquired my first digital camera about a month ago. Yes I know, "Welcome to the 21st century." I'm not much of a technology leader. I still have dial-up Internet and not looking forward any time soon to going high speed. I want to post pix here for everyone to enjoy. But most of the shots I take seem to be in the 700-750 KB size range. Although I have figured out how to do the Avatar, I apparently don't have the technique down, or the patience to wait for a 700kb down load of a picture because I can't seem to put any up here.
    Please tell me the process in simple terms (i.e. push this, click that). I have my photos downloaded onto my computer (ta-dah!) and in nice folders where I can find them. I also burned my first discs from those pictures (ta-dah, again!). Just don't seem to have the wrist techniques for thumbnails here. How do I avoid downloading poster size pix? hahaha.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Download and install Image Resizer - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

scroll down and look on the right side of the screen and click on "ImageResizer.exe". When it is on your computer, double-click on the file "ImageResizer.exe". It will install. You may have to reboot your computer?

Go to the folder that has the picture you want to resize, right-click your mouse on the file, select "Resize Pictures" - you'll see the options for resizing
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

Mark, most digital cameras come with enough software to do most of the basic editing functions. Look at the software suite that came with the camera and look at editing. That's where you usually find the ability to resize.

Phil

Cool Okee Dokee. Let's try one for real

Work station of the 22ZX. That embarassingly empty spot on the instrument cluster to the far left is now filled with a flux gate compass and digital depth finder.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Cool Whoo Hoo!

I'm now officially part of the 21st Century! Enjoy the pix, gang!
    Hull graphic is called Tribal Flames.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG

Thread Information