Thread: the one i kept alive

the one i kept alive

In new hampshire we have this lake in Hancock and Nelson it is called nubanusit.
    this lake is one of the world wonders formed by the glaciers it is 80FT deep at it's deepest point. and has lake trout and beutiful black bass."small mouth"
    the water is so clear you can see 20 ft down to the bottom. the wake of your boat has this aqua blue tint .I allways wanted to have a small mouth in my fish tank. so i caught this little one about 8". i've had him since july 2004. he is such a beutiful fish the thing is almost like a dog when i walk in the room he recognizes me and start waggling and racing back and forth from one end of the fish tank to the other. when they say a fish has no memory they are full of it. they have an excellent memory especially about certain foods. i feed him gold fish and crickets in the winter grass hoppers in the summer. he much prefers insects over fish. i've learned quite a bit they actually
    descale the fish in their throats and spit the scales out. i tried feeding him night crawlers and he spit the dirt out that was in side the worm. the worm caused some aggravation to him so i never fed him those again. he has these hipnotic glowing red eyes that just captivate you. he really gives you a feeling of peace of mind if you ever get to new hampshire nubanusit is a must see just don't tell the local yocals i told you about it.
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

WOW, if I did that I'd have to have a fish tank the size of a swimming pool, but its still a cool story. Are you near Winni?, hooked up with the Bandits?
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

think of the possibilities... you can sit in your living room, order pizza, cooler next to the easy chair, remote in one hand, fishing rod in the other. Livingroom fishing, I gotta try that! LOL

That is a cool story, I may give it a shot. I have been meaning to get a tank, it might be cool to put bass in there. SOunds like a beautiful place to fish too.

fish
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

SEADOGs TampaBay
    SEADOG Outlaws- George is our king, all hail King George!!!

[QUOTE=T. Are you near Winni?, hooked up with the Bandits?[/QUOTE]
    i,m a little further south than that ,but a guy i work with has a brother that lives on winnipesaukee.he's got a formula, and they invited me up there to leave them in my wake. so we'll see how that goes. although winni's kind of crowded
    and it draws a lot of marine patrol>"TROUBLE MAKERS ON WATER" new hampshire has some strict boating laws. which reminds me they may have laws against out of state boaters. but i think they may have changed that. i don't recall seeing out of state hull numbers.

At my last home I had a Koi Pond outside our bedroom sitting area. I could sit for hours just watching them swim along.

http://home.houston.rr.com/thekasowskis/page2.htm
    1999 33' Scarab - Purple raindrop pattern w/a pair of 415hp 502 MPI Mag

i have an oscar who just turned 9. so i know just what you mean. i've seen him munch down night crawlers and spit out the skin! now that he is getting up there in age, his eye sight isnt what it once was. i bought him some gold fish to eat, and he ate all but one.
    you see, he could'nt see the food very well, and the gold fish could. i think he let him live to serve as a visual tool. where the gold fish was, is where the food was.
    my pet fish, had a pet fish.

Still alive after a year.

joe

speaking of fish memory - I use to have an Oscar that would jump up partially out of the water to take snacks from my fingers. Well one day he got overly excited and jumped clear of the tank, hit the floor, and the cat pounced on it immediately. I rescued it and got it back into the tank, but from that day on when every anyone walked near the tank it would hide at the back and bottom of the tank. No more tricks for snacks.
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

Thread Information