Thread: Jax Kingfish Tourney w/ pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jax Kingfish Tourney w/ pics

Was a nice hot sunny day yesterday so I went down to watch the boats coming in for the day 2 weigh ins. Earliest boats could check in was 3PM. About 2:15 we see this small Carolina Skiff putting around out in the ICW. At first we thought it was just a spectator hanging out with is kids to watch the action. Well when the 3PM cannon went off to open up the weigh ins he pulls up to the docks, first boat in....... Well this middle aged short lady hops off the boat and you can ohhs and ahhs.. on the docks.... 48.95lbs. The first place fish from day 1 was 46.1 lbs. So with all these high dollar tournament boats running as far away as Savannah and Canaveral..... the winning fish was landed on a 22' Carolina Skiff........gotta love it.....
    I don't care if you lick windows,
    take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself....
    You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special!

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGorilla
    Was a nice hot sunny day yesterday so I went down to watch the boats coming in for the day 2 weigh ins. Earliest boats could check in was 3PM. About 2:15 we see this small Carolina Skiff putting around out in the ICW. At first we thought it was just a spectator hanging out with is kids to watch the action. Well when the 3PM cannon went off to open up the weigh ins he pulls up to the docks, first boat in....... Well this middle aged short lady hops off the boat and you can ohhs and ahhs.. on the docks.... 48.95lbs. The first place fish from day 1 was 46.1 lbs. So with all these high dollar tournament boats running as far away as Savannah and Canaveral..... the winning fish was landed on a 22' Carolina Skiff........gotta love it.....
    I miss that tournament,..... growing up in Jacksonville, in 86 and 87 I was lucky enough to fish it with my neighbor Rick. I don't remember which year it was, but one year we took third biggest and aggregate. Our biggest fish was 56.? lbs, the winner was 58.? ,.... Had alot of fun!! We fished in a 19'CC, Cobia I think, and fished the weedline all the time. Not quite the prize purse of todays tournaments, but my neighbor made out pretty good either way!!

Getting paid to fish, man am I in the wrong business!!

Wayne
    1967 Ski Sporter Bench Seat Project Boat

Tact - The ability to make a point without making an enemy.

Reminds me of when a guy I know won the local Cobia tournament. Again big $$ boats and equipment running all over gods creation and this guy was in a john boat, with his rod & reel he purchased the night before at wally world & still had the $39.95 price tag on it. He put in at an optional launch location and ran out of gas going to the weigh in. Got a tow and just did make it and won several thousand $$$$.

Great guy too. I'm glad he won.
    Crystal River Fl., A quaint little drinking village with a manatee problem.

That's good stuff!
    Nathan Schlaeppi
    Florida Licensed Yacht & Ship Brokerage # EBK5646
    www.madeiramarinesales.com

How did Ken Thompson do in the Donzi factory sponsored boat?

Quote Originally Posted by dfunde01
    How did Ken Thompson do in the Donzi factory sponsored boat?

He was not in the money for Largest or for Aggregate. There were about 10 Donzi I saw...but no luck. Winner got a 25' Contender with twin Yamahas and loadmaster trailer....
    I don't care if you lick windows,
    take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself....
    You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special!

Thread Information