Thread: Fishing gear

Fishing gear

Just curious

What weight rods / line / reels are you guys using here in Florida, I'm anticipating 30-50lb gear...

Oh yeah, off shore, King's, Dolphins, Cobia, etc.

Thanks
    Wayne
    1967 Ski Sporter Bench Seat Project Boat

Tact - The ability to make a point without making an enemy.

Shimano 6'6" stand-up rods w/ Shimano TLD 25's and 30lb test. A few Penn spinners on standby for the schoolies and bay water species.

shimano tld 20's and penn ss 7500 spinners on custom rods form jr custom rods in jupiter.I fish in the palm beach area and that should all you need. I have yet to be spooled,close though. it make the fight much better than winching fish to the boat.

Thanks for the input guys,.....time to go shopping!!!

Also, does anyone know where to get repair parts for reels? I've got a Penn 45ss that I need springs / bail for - this with my UglyStick have many many miles on them, S. Africa, CA., CT., FL., TX......

Joe,

You're right about the kids equipment, I went over to a friends house tonight - he's moving and I picked up some "garage stuff", included was (2) Zebco ZX22's. Growing up, MY first reel was a Diawa, light duty,.... it's all they need (for now) and I can't count the lbs. of shrimp I went through at their age. Me, I like live bait, favorite river fishing is Flounder / Red's and for fun, blues on a spoon! Off shore would be kings (mmmmmm, 1 inch steaks bbq'd) and cobia

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by MadPoodle
    Ugly sticks rock.. ALL my rods are based on their blanks..

Somewhere up there has to be a good tackle shop that does repairs. Otherwise, in Miami there is Captain Harry's... Next time your down check them out, you will not leave there with the same amount of $$$ in your pockets you walked in with..

BTW, whens lunch again??
    If there isn't one up here (which I'm SURE there is), sounds like a business opportunity to my liking .

I don't know about making it south again, I haven't made it that way since last time , Lots and lots of time lately around Orlando, Cocoa, etc. But I'll tell 'ya this, next time I'm in the area, I'll give 'ya a buzz. It's my turn!!
    and I have a confession to make,.... I REALLY REALLY like good tackle shops, I GUARANTEE I'd leave darn near broke!!

Wayne

if you like killer tackle shops go to finest kind in stuart-you'll really leave there broke! also "just fishing consignment" in n palm beach is a good shop and he does lots of repairs too,also lott bros. always a lot of repair action going on in those two spots when I go in.

Quote Originally Posted by sparepartz
    if you like killer tackle shops go to finest kind in stuart-you'll really leave there broke! also "just fishing consignment" in n palm beach is a good shop and he does lots of repairs too,also lott bros. always a lot of repair action going on in those two spots when I go in.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll look 'em up this weekend

OH yeah, is it pay-day yet?

Wayne

Thread Information