Thread: 1975 21' Donzi GT?

1975 21' Donzi GT?

Anyone looking for what appears to be a nice 21' Donzi GT might want to look at this one. 70 MPH, Big Block and a TRS drive.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/3/79423443.htm
    Scott Boldt

Anyone down in GA seen or looked at this Donzi? I keep telling myself to back away from the computer and turn it off, but I'm really liking this Donzi especially living near Lake Erie. I spoke a couple years ago to a man in GA about a 21' GT before buying the 22 Classic I had and I'm wondering if maybe this is the same boat. Owner I talked to was into drag racing at the time and said he didn't have time for the boat. It was being rack stored at the time and he was looking to save some money also. Now, if this is that same Donzi, looks like he has begun building a family and needs some dollars. Just curious. Who knows, maybe I won the lottery last night.
    Scott Boldt

Scott ,

Have'nt you been kinda looking for that 'special' Donzi for a while now ? ?

I think you should seriously check this one out if your in the position to do so.

GT 21's don't come around that often and this one seems to be nice. Besides , the size difference between this and the 22 is negligible compared to other classics so it's not like a stepdown right ? ?

Other than that it just MIGHT have been painted and you know how well that goes down in certain places around here .... hehehe.
    Otherwise , like I said ,, Check it out ! !

Steve
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Scott, there also was a Yellow one for sale witha 454 MAG and many additional ponies a few years back in Boattraderonline that didn't move for many months.

It had a bar across the transom I believe. It was in Atl. Georgia.

I'm having a hard time believing a GT with a 454 Merc and TRS is going to be seeing 70 mph+.

Lenny, what's your take on it?

Richard, ahhh, no, I don't think so. Big hull, lots of weight. The TRS helps but you would need 400 ponies or more I think.

-------The GT I ordered and bought new for myself was ordered with the standard 454 and NO.3 Merc drive package. Talk about being over-engineered!!! TRS wasnt around yet in 1972. The boat was good for about 60/62 depending on the chop and weather I was heading into the wind, etc. The nice thing was that it would ride all day at that speed or a few MPHs less, as flat out was only about 4300 RPM.
    -------Another very special GT was just being finished up for John Cs close friend at the same time with a competion style Merc delivered big-block and a NO.3 Speedmaster setup. It was good for low to mid 70s and was a wonderful, nasty sounding son-of-a-gun. Ive heard more radical boats since, but back then that boat was something. It was bright yellow with a kind of wet-look bright red interior. You couldnt miss it. I have often wondered where that boat got to. I know my boat ended up in the Detroit area and had a color change but lost track of it years ago. Hope this gives you some idea of as delivered speed possibilitys...........Bill S

Thread Information